There are 228 users in the forums

MadDog49er Combine Primer

Curious how Davenport does.
So many closely graded players mid 1st to mid 3rd.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I'll be pulling for guys like Jackson, James, Brown and Sutton, to all kill the combine. I want anyone that I know we won't draft to destroy it out there so it forces someone to grab them in the top 10 in front of us, or even trade up with us to secure them.

What makes you think we wouldn't be drafting James?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Curious how Davenport does.

I think Lynch and company will be paying close attention to him also. We may very well strike out on FA pass rushers, so Davenport could be in play at #9/10.
Originally posted by pickle:
I'll be pulling for guys like Jackson, James, Brown and Sutton, to all kill the combine. I want anyone that I know we won't draft to destroy it out there so it forces someone to grab them in the top 10 in front of us, or even trade up with us to secure them.

What makes you think we wouldn't be drafting James?

Need. We have more pressing ones. Though, that all changes if Lynch believes he can play CB full-time.
Cheers MadDog! Can't wait to see the Big Board evolve!
I think Lynch and company will be paying close attention to him also. We may very well strike out on FA pass rushers, so Davenport could be in play at #9/10.

this
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Arden Key- Sub 4.70 forty and sub 1.60 ten yard split- Key has really dropped off the radar after a solid 2016-2017 year. On tape, he was not impressive in 2017. He needs to regain the lost momentum from this past year. If he does not rebound well, I can see a slide all the way to the 3rd round in this draft.

Predicted combine winners? Barkley, Lamar Jackson (rocket arm and speed, speed, speed), Vita Vea, Tavon Bryan (physical freak), Roquan Smith (who is going to move like him?), DJ Chark, Calvin Ridley (he's a pro already in his approach), Q. Nelson (see note on Ridley); L. Vander Esch (Physical freak); Josey Jewell (watch the 3 cone time...it will be great); Darius Leonard (on-the-field drills will be better than many safeties).

Key - No way I see that happening. I would bet a lot of money. Not because I like him but because that just screams of a Seahawks 2nd round pick... which with our luck would pay off and piss us all off.

Bryan - I don't know how this guy isn't getting more love. I posted a topic about him and nobody seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Let's see if it finally starts after the combine.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

this

If he blows up the combine but I see us trading down regardless too many teams targeting Qbs IMO
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hey MadDog, what's your take on John Kelly, the running back from Tennessee?

Haven't cycled around to do a full eval on Kelly. I usually want to see every snap from at least 8 games to make a fair eval, especially since he started so hot, and finished ice cold. Want to see the main cause for this.

Game time! MD in da house.
Originally posted by gored49:
Key - No way I see that happening. I would bet a lot of money. Not because I like him but because that just screams of a Seahawks 2nd round pick... which with our luck would pay off and piss us all off.

Bryan - I don't know how this guy isn't getting more love. I posted a topic about him and nobody seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Let's see if it finally starts after the combine.

Key is a dog to me. One trick pony that simply didn't work in 2017. Adds zero in run defense.

Bryan is a player who has so much physical talent, but is really inconsistent. I think the desire is there, but he simply doesn't have a feel for the game that I want in a high draft choice.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
So many closely graded players mid 1st to mid 3rd.

Trade back. Trade back!
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Thank you for the write up MD excellent stuff. I'm curious how good can D.James be. I know we don't NEED a S but I can't get over how good he looks as a prospect. Curious what your thoughts on him are

I am not as high on James as many others. Physically talented, but inconsistent on angles, and sometimes gets lost on assignment. Teams will take advantage of that in the next level. I think he can clean much of that up. But, too risky at 9 or 10 for me.
Originally posted by rivercity:
Surprised not to see Tremaine Edmunds on this first list. thoughts? I imagine you saying something about athleticism vs. lack of instincts.

Way too risky a pick for me anywhere in the first round. Great physical talent, but field awareness and instincts are shaky. Great wrap-up tackler. Puts on a clinic in tackling
Share 49ersWebzone