LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

DIAMOND/GEM/SLEEPER

After SMU pro day:

Q : Where are you projecting SMU's Trey Quinn? Got a pro comparison for him?

Brugler: Jarvis Landry. Both are a quarterback's best friend with reliable receiving traits and the insistence to always work toward open space. Quinn runs coordinated routes with reliable ball skills. He might not be a size/speed marvel, but he gives the quarterback a clean target and will help move the chains. Solid mid-round draft pick.
Richie James. WR MTSU.

Reminds me of a faster Anthony Miller.
Jordan Wilkins, RB, Ole Miss

Seems like a good zone scheme fit
Darrel Williams RB LSU. He came prepared at his pro day (dropped 10lbs) and ran a 4.59, which was much improved from his 4.72 combine number.

He is good in pass pro, has good size, decent hands, and would cost a 6th/7th at most. I'd like him here to challenge Williams for the final RB spot
C/G Patrick Morris TCU 6-3 300 5.09 37 Bench 36 vert

https://www.frogsowar.com/2016/7/27/12297854/tcu-og-patrick-morris-named-to-all-freak-team
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
After SMU pro day:

Q : Where are you projecting SMU's Trey Quinn? Got a pro comparison for him?

Brugler: Jarvis Landry. Both are a quarterback's best friend with reliable receiving traits and the insistence to always work toward open space. Quinn runs coordinated routes with reliable ball skills. He might not be a size/speed marvel, but he gives the quarterback a clean target and will help move the chains. Solid mid-round draft pick.

Trey Quinn is high key my draft crush. Absolutely love him
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Central Arkansas CB Tremon Smith to Philadelphi Eagle CB Ron Brooks.

Smith is also listed as one of Zierlein's "diamonds in the rough," and he reports that several teams were trying to keep Smith a secret. That secret became hard to keep when he ran a 4.34 second 40 yard dash at his pro day. "He might need some time to acclimate to NFL route runners," writes Zierlein, "but Smith's quick feet and strong desire to crowd the route are necessary traits for future NFL ballhawks."
  • All22
  • Veteran
John Kelly and Jaylen Samuels. Samuels is Charles Clay + Anthony Dixon.
Two late round guys I've been intrigued by lately are Kyle Allen QB Houston and Trevor Young DE Louisville. Worth a look
Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Two late round guys I've been intrigued by lately are Kyle Allen QB Houston and Trevor Young DE Louisville. Worth a look

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

When you quote yourself....

Early Day 3
DT - Jaylen Twyman, Pitt 6-2/295
  • Unsung hero of that Pittsburgh DL. Patrick Jones II and Rashad Weaver takes all the glory and the headlines but this guy is the reason they get one-on-ones on the outside.
  • Trains with his idol (who btw is the best DL in the game right now) every offseason who's also from Pitt. Wanna be the best you gotta train and learn from the best. Also similar in size. Not saying he's gonna have a A.Donald career but if he picks up a few good traits from him it's a good plus.

Mid-Late Day 3
WR - Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas St. 6'3/220
  • Strong hands
  • High points the ball
  • Physical
  • Redzone target
  • Polished route runner
  • Lead all college WRs in contested catches.
Mid-Late Day 3
EDGE - Malcolm Koonce, Buffalo 6'3/250
  • Good first step
  • Explosive off the line
  • Physical with his hands
  • Ability to bend
Share 49ersWebzone