There are 162 users in the forums

DIAMOND/GEM/SLEEPER

Love Jewell, but he's missing the athleticism/speed the team wants at two inside LB spots.

Which reminds me, I found this draft vision statement that John Lynch gave to the media last year. Literally, the first thing listed is speed lol.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Love Jewell, but he's missing the athleticism/speed the team wants at two inside LB spots.

Which reminds me, I found this draft vision statement that John Lynch gave to the media last year. Literally, the first thing listed is speed lol.

There is timed speed and playing speed, he is .06 seconds slower than Jerry Rice
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 24, 2018 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
There is timed speed and playing speed

I'm well aware.

These defenses have a profile for each position. They want fast, athletic LBs to cover a lot of grass and rally to the ball from those two middle hook zones. Hence why Bowman was phased out and eventually shown the door.

Here are some of the recently drafted LBs for this system with their corresponding 40 time:

Kevin Pierre-Louis (4.51), Deion Jones (4.59), Telvin Smith (4.52), Duke Riley (4.58), De'Vondre Campbell (4.58), Blair Brown (4.65)

Smaller LBs with wheels. They'll sacrifice size for speed and athleticism. 49ers want dudes that can fly to the ball.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Added

WR
Emmanuel Butler
Brandon Shed
Justin Watson
Dontez Byrd
Ashton Grant

LB
Brett Taylor
Joel McCandless
Shaheen Salmon
49ers taking a look at PJ Hall. He had insane production in college. 80+ TFL, 42 sacks, something like 14 blocked kicks. He has DT size, but played a lot of DE. Intriguing late round/UDFA (them seem to be looking at a lot of these types)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
49ers taking a look at PJ Hall. He had insane production in college. 80+ TFL, 42 sacks, something like 14 blocked kicks. He has DT size, but played a lot of DE. Intriguing late round/UDFA (them seem to be looking at a lot of these types)

Replacement for AA?
Originally posted by Giedi:

Replacement for AA?

Probably more competition for a final spot.

Another guy I like is Ola Adeniyi out of Toledo. He reminds me of Melvin Ingram. Undersized, but has a great motor and gets off the ball fast. I really like his game and I think it translates well to the next level.

[ Edited by saniner on Mar 26, 2018 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

May as well title this Harold Landry resume
What about Genard Avery, ILB, Memphis

6', 248
40: 4.59
20: 2.67
10: 1.59
Bench 26
Vert: 36
BJ: 10'04"
Shuttle: 4.36
3 cone: 6.90
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:

6', 248
Bench 26

Already on the list.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Replacement for AA?

Probably more competition for a final spot.

Another guy I like is Ola Adeniyi out of Toledo. He reminds me of Melvin Ingram. Undersized, but has a great motor and gets off the ball fast. I really like his game and I think it translates well to the next level.

Good point about looking at the DT's. I know the 3 tech DT in the 4-3 under really can help the pass rush if he's good at gap penetration which this guys seems to have the talent to do. It seems ShanaLynch really is set to improve the pass rush from an overall talent standpoint. I can see AA really having to step up this offseason or risk getting demoted.
Good point about looking at the DT's. I know the 3 tech DT in the 4-3 under really can help the pass rush if he's good at gap penetration which this guys seems to have the talent to do. It seems ShanaLynch really is set to improve the pass rush from an overall talent standpoint. I can see AA really having to step up this offseason or risk getting demoted.

This off-season is huge for Armstead. I think it's possible he gets traded. Right now he doesn't have a spot. Are they going to try him at LEO again? he definitely won't beat DeFo for the 3T, doesnt gave the size to be a NT, and has very little chance of beating Thomas for the big end spot. He should have been a rotational 3T behind DeFo to begin with.
Originally posted by genus49:
May as well title this Harold Landry resume

Same could be said about Roquan Smith!
Originally posted by Butter:

6', 248
Bench 26
I think he goes in day 2 of draft.
The New England Patriots put Utah State CB Jalen Davis through a private workout earlier this week.

Tip of the cap to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline on this one. During his pro day on Wednesday, the 5-foot-9, 181-pound Davis turned in athletic testing marks including a sharp 40-yard dash run timed variously from the mid-to-low 4.4's, jumps of 36 inches (vertical) and 120 inches (broad) and a three-cone drill of 6.99 seconds. He showed a strong nose for the ball during his time at Utah State -- he picked off 11 passes for his career, including five in 2017 -- but his lack of size is going to be a major issue for some teams as Davis tries for a Day 3 selection.

One of my sleepers
Share 49ersWebzone