LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 213 users in the forums

DIAMOND/GEM/SLEEPER

Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
How about Jewell to continue the Iowa tradition? That would be funny if we took Daniels, Welsh and Wadley with our late picks.

No thanks. Jewel is unathletic and slow. Don't want. But definitely want Daniels tho. He's an instant starter in this team

I cant remember which podcast , I think it was move the sticks, that had a interview with a QB that said Jewell was one of the best college player he went up against, I know he isn't a blazer but he is a solid LB, he could be our hit we get in the 6th
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
How about Jewell to continue the Iowa tradition? That would be funny if we took Daniels, Welsh and Wadley with our late picks.

No thanks. Jewel is unathletic and slow. Don't want. But definitely want Daniels tho. He's an instant starter in this team

I cant remember which podcast , I think it was move the sticks, that had a interview with a QB that said Jewell was one of the best college player he went up against, I know he isn't a blazer but he is a solid LB, he could be our hit we get in the 6th

Tanner Lee from Nebraska I believe
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Dejon Allen G Hawaii
Braden Smith Auburn
Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan

Justin Jackson RB Northwestern
Darrel Williams RB LSU

Korey Robertson WR Southern Miss
Daeshon Hamilton WR Penn St
Trey Quinn WR SMU

Ian Thomas TE Indiana

Dane Cruikshank DB Arizona
Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee
Jalen Davis CB Utah State
Kameron Kelly DB San Diego State

Frankie Luvu LB Washington State

Kameron Kelly is a pretty good player. He has value because he can play both CB and S. He does both pretty well. He plays the ball well and tackles well too when he needs to do that. It would not surprise me to see him have some success in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dejon Allen G Hawaii
Braden Smith Auburn

Darrel Williams RB LSU

Trey Quinn WR SMU

Ian Thomas TE Indiana

Kameron Kelly is a pretty good player. He has value because he can play both CB and S. He does both pretty well. He plays the ball well and tackles well too when he needs to do that. It would not surprise me to see him have some success in the NFL.

What did he run?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dejon Allen G Hawaii
Braden Smith Auburn

Darrel Williams RB LSU

Trey Quinn WR SMU

Ian Thomas TE Indiana

What did he run?

6'2" 200 lbs. 4.66 official combine time. IMO he plays a little faster than that. He knows the angles and sees stuff happen before it happens. I am a little surprised to see him run that. I would have guessed 4.55 or something from watching him play. While that probably doesn't make him fast enough for CB I do believe S is an option for him somewhere later in the draft. His 6'2" 200 lbs. would allow him to play S. He hits pretty hard and tackles pretty well. He has good ball skills and plays the ball well. He is more instinctive and knows the angles better than you would think. Because of his instincts, seeing the play before it happens and taking the right angles the speed is not as much of a factor for him as it would seem.

I would not want him out on the edge as a CB. But at S where he can take angles I think he can find a home somewhere on some team. He has pretty good ball skills. He plays the ball well. His best work no doubt was at S. Based on his speed also that would be his best bet. There are 4.6 guys at S in the NFL for sure. There have been some 4.7 guys with success at that position. The type of guys who have success like that are ultra instinctive, see the play develop, and take the right angles.

I think he can get a look in the later rounds. He is more instinctive than the measured time would suggest. No doubt I did see him get burned deep sometimes at CB. So that would make more sense now given his combine speed. Deep long speed is not his best element. But at Safety I didn't see that being a big problem for him. Because he plays close to the line of scrimmage, hits pretty well and tackles pretty well. He is also pretty instinctive in the short to medium passing game with his long 6'2" frame and will knock the ball down sometimes or get an interception.

Like I said I am surprised by his time. On instinctive play I would guess 4.55 or so. That's what I see out there anyway. I think he is worth a late round flyer for some team with a chance to at least find a role. I wouldn't pick him too soon with that time but his instinctive ability, long frame and taking good angles give him a chance to find a role. Keep in mind there are lots and lots of 4.6 Safety's in the NFL currently and in NFL history too. So it's not great but it's not impossible he can find a role at S.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 12, 2018 at 3:21 AM ]
Mines is 'white lightning'- Troy Apke, SS from Penn st. will backup Tartt, and be a ST demon. A John Lynch/Pat Tillman with 4.35 speed !!
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 12, 2018 at 7:38 AM ]
J'Mon Moore
Kameron Kelly runs between 4.55 - 4.61 at his pro day improving on his combine numbers.

6'2" 200 lbs. San Diego State Aztecs. S/CB.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 22, 2018 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Dman11:
Fred Warner from BYU and Jordan Lasley from UCLA

That is the move. Surprised nobody has mentioned Lasley, every UCA game I've watched he's been torching secondaries over the top and underneath.
Frank Ginda intrigues me. I like the story on the homepage. Car accident a week ago, then he does this:

Also had 173 tackles last year. He could definitely be a late round target
[ Edited by saniner on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:55 PM ]

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Siran Neal DB, Jacksonville State
Versatile DB. Can be a good nickle back.
I like Deadrin Senat. He reminds me of DJ Jones, actually.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/josey-jewell?id=2559819

Sounds like Borland lol.

I like Jewell. Maybe the best instincts of any player in the draft.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
J'Mon Moore

I like him too. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/josey-jewell?id=2559819

Sounds like Borland lol.

I like Jewell. Maybe the best instincts of any player in the draft.

With instincts and the way I saw him move at the combine back pedaling vertically with a lateral angle.. Showed me that he can be good value and a chance to be a solid LB in the pros.
Share 49ersWebzone