There are 152 users in the forums

Top 5 Centers in 2018 Draft

This was a really good read and we definitely have some fine choices.

I was impressed w/how many of them played multiple OLine positions.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/21/17019866/2018-nfl-combine-preview-top-5-centers-sleepers

Thoughts??
I'm a fan of all, watched a little bit of all of them, except Corbett, will be doing some more homework pre draft.

I think we have to draft a Center prospect, even if we plan on them playing Guard or sitting them early on. It's a really important position and even though I'm higher on Kilgore than most, it's not difficult to see that we could use an upgrade.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm a fan of all, watched a little bit of all of them, except Corbett, will be doing some more homework pre draft.

I think we have to draft a Center prospect, even if we plan on them playing Guard or sitting them early on. It's a really important position and even though I'm higher on Kilgore than most, it's not difficult to see that we could use an upgrade.

We're gonna get a C in the draft within first 3 rounds IMO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah, Kilgore is basically on a one year deal - we'll draft someone to groom behind him.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah, Kilgore is basically on a one year deal - we'll draft someone to groom behind him.

Yep. Book it.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
IMO..Kilgore allowed us to do him dirty with that deal. Essentially a 1 year deal that pays very little. He was desperate to come back and we didn't need to create another dire need on offense. I think we will wait until the 3rd to pick up a center unless there is a run on them earlier then expected. We should pick up our center of the future to grow with Jimmy G for years to come. It's gonna be a great year to be a fan.
Very solid group. I think Price will be an All-Pro Center. Wynn can play center and be a good one but he will make an even better guard where I think he can be special.

I really like Daniels a lot, he would be a great fit here as well. I think he has pro bowl potential. Mason Cole is going to be very solid.
Originally posted by cgida:
IMO..Kilgore allowed us to do him dirty with that deal. Essentially a 1 year deal that pays very little. He was desperate to come back and we didn't need to create another dire need on offense. I think we will wait until the 3rd to pick up a center unless there is a run on them earlier then expected. We should pick up our center of the future to grow with Jimmy G for years to come. It's gonna be a great year to be a fan.

Not really. IMO he could have a solid year(IF he starts atleast 8 games) and get a decent offer from another team next year...assuming we draft a young guy to groom for a half to full season.
I really like Isaiah Wynn and James Daniels. If we walk away with either of those two, I'm going to feel good about our future at the position. I know Wynn played LG and LT but this seems like a good transition for him. Also really hate Sparty but Brian Allen is a bully and would be a nice developmental mid round pick.
Sign me up for Ragnow. I wish he would fall to our 3rd pick at 70. MadDog has him as a top 25 player in the entire draft.

But I'll take any of Ragnow/Cole/Bozeman/Daniels/Price, all of whom will take DK's job sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Sign me up for Ragnow. I wish he would fall to our 3rd pick at 70. MadDog has him as a top 25 player in the entire draft.

But I'll take any of Ragnow/Cole/Bozeman/Daniels/Price, all of whom will take DK's job sooner rather than later.

Yup Ragnow is my guy too, he would be perfect to challenge Kilgore at C and Garnett at G..
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Hell yeah . Love this C class and we gotta walk away with one of them right?! I'd be pissed if we didn't cause I think all those guys can play guard at a high level too
Agreed. Wouldn't be mad if we picked him at 59 although I'd prefer to get him in the 3rd if possible.
Gimme Daniels, Wynn or Price. Best fits in the system for the long term. Ragnow and Bozeman are the second tier candidates with Cole only as a last resort.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM ]
Cole and Ragnow please. But they're projected to go lower.....
Share 49ersWebzone