There are 94 users in the forums

Darius Leonard LB - SC State

Well now that Foster is likely done in SF, we need to start exploring more LB options.

Leonard is 6'3" 236 and runs a 4.5-4.6 40.

For perspective on the length of South Carolina State LB Darius Leonard (who's 6-2, 229)
Arm Length: 34 1/8"
Hand Size: 10 3/8"
Rob Gronkowski
Arm Length: 34 1/4"
Hand Size: 10 3/4"

Maybe we get Roquan in the first and grab him in the 3rd to play ILB while allowing Roquan to flourish at Will.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Feb 18, 2018 at 5:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Well now that Foster is likely done in SF, we need to start exploring more LB options.

Leonard is 6'3" 236 and runs a 4.5-4.6 40.

Maybe we get Roquan in the first and grab him in the 3rd to play ILB while allowing Roquan to flourish at Will.

Think we gotta slow down the Foster gone stuff. Let him have his due process man.

I'd rather look to FA to fill that mike role...Paul Posluszny is someone to look at. I still want to see if a healthy smith can play too
He's an interesting player. I wish there were more tape available. The two games I found online weren't that great. Plays too tentative at times for my taste. Slow flow reader and doesn't trust his eyes. I wish he'd more assertive, trust his eyes and shoot his gap more often.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's an interesting player. I wish there were more tape available. The two games I found online weren't that great. Plays too tentative at times for my taste. Slow flow reader and doesn't trust his eyes. I wish he'd more assertive, trust his eyes and shoot his gap more often.

Had a pretty good senior bowl...he's got the length and speed you want at weak side. I think he's gotta be coached up.

Here's some of that speed
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Had a pretty good senior bowl...he's got the length and speed you want at weak side. I think he's gotta be coached up.

Here's some of that speed

Baalke approves.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Do it. At this point I am a fan of drafting two line backers

If Ruben sticks then great but at this point have to plan as though he won't be around for a bit at least
Think we gotta slow down the Foster gone stuff. Let him have his due process man.

I'd rather look to FA to fill that mike role...Paul Posluszny is someone to look at. I still want to see if a healthy smith can play too

Foster needs to go--can't repeat the mistakes of Aldon.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pickle:

Agreed! And Rueben was the one guy i wanted last year.

But to host a draft party sponsored by a weed company after getting popped at the combine. Then add in last months arrest now this.

Just move on. Chalk it up as a lessoned learned
Originally posted by pickle:

Originally posted by krizay:
Agreed! And Rueben was the one guy i wanted last year.

But to host a draft party sponsored by a weed company after getting popped at the combine. Then add in last months arrest now this.

Just move on. Chalk it up as a lessoned learned

in light of what is being said this AM you still want him gone? From what I've heard it sounds like he threw her cloths on the street and removed her from the house...that's a far cry from b***h slapping her with an assault rifle.

as far as 2nd degree possession of weed, that's like me having a empty pot pipe in my pocket lol...he's stupid as s**t no doubt, but if everything stays the way they said it today... then he's not getting cut nor should he. Suspended yes

you're never gonna have a team full of Tim Tebows in the NFL.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 13, 2018 at 6:03 AM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Man, this guy does a great job reading and fitting the play. Strong enough to play the SAM, smart enough to play the Mike, fast enough to play the Will. Can he do it against NFL Guards and Tackles? Maybe not at first but therein lies the frame and potential that he has. Not sure he's there at the NO pick in the 2nd but if we don't go LB in the 1st, he'd be a steal in the 2nd.

[ Edited by TheNef77 on Feb 13, 2018 at 6:15 AM ]

Originally posted by TheNef77:
Man, this guy does a great job reading and fitting the play. Strong enough to play the SAM, smart enough to play the Mike, fast enough to play the Will. Can he do it against NFL Guards and Tackles? Maybe not at first but therein lies the frame and potential that he has. Not sure he's there at the NO pick in the 2nd but if we don't go LB in the 1st, he'd be a steal in the 2nd.

I'm thinking he might be there with our 3rd...perfect project for out coaching staff. I like the kid as well
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by TheNef77:

I'm thinking he might be there with our 3rd...perfect project for out coaching staff. I like the kid as well

shiiiid even better. I'll take that.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
in light of what is being said this AM you still want him gone? From what I've heard it sounds like he threw her cloths on the street and removed her from the house...that's a far cry from b***h slapping her with an assault rifle.

as far as 2nd degree possession of weed, that's like me having a empty pot pipe in my pocket lol...he's stupid as s**t no doubt, but if everything stays the way they said it today... then he's not getting cut nor should he. Suspended yes

Oh so dragging her out of the house is ok. just as long as he didnt use an assault rifle to knock her out 1st?

Bottom line, when you keep putting yourself in these stupid positions you kind of use your benefit of the doubt card up pretty quickly. His benefit of the doubt has long since left.

It's no coincidence that the last time we had all of the off-season headaches, it was the beginning of the end for us. Here we are about to start our up climb again and coasting back down the hill because of this knucklehead.

Great player, but clearly time to move on so we can keep trucking up the mountain.
Originally posted by krizay:

Oh so dragging her out of the house is ok. just as long as he didnt use an assault rifle to knock her out 1st?

Bottom line, when you keep putting yourself in these stupid positions you kind of use your benefit of the doubt card up pretty quickly. His benefit of the doubt has long since left.

It's no coincidence that the last time we had all of the off-season headaches, it was the beginning of the end for us. Here we are about to start our up climb again and coasting back down the hill because of this knucklehead.

Great player, but clearly time to move on so we can keep trucking up the mountain.

I think the 49ers are doing it right by digging in to the details. Brock was accused of strangling his GF. STRANGLING.

Foster is accused of dragging her out of the house when she wouldn't leave. I honestly don't know what I would do if someone refused to leave my house, especially if I was upset. He threw her stuff out of the house, too. Maybe he's crazy. Maybe he found out she was cheating on him and he wanted to be done with her. Maybe he didn't touch her at all, but he dumped her and she reacted poorly to it, and she knew she could hurt him by calling the police. I don't know what happened, and neither do you. If he hit her, hurt her, menaced her, then that's a real problem, and he should probably go. If she was hitting him and he just picked her up and removed her from his home, I can't blame him.

My coworker's buddy went to jail because he restrained a woman who was throwing fists at him. he didn't hit her; he didn't take her down. He just held her arms against her body against her will. I don't know what I'd have done in the same scenario, but I imagine it wouldn't have been much different.

Back to Leonard, he looks like a project (he appears to guess a lot), but he certainly looks like a worthwhile one.
This was a terrible play fake, but Darius Leonard took the cheese and got moved from the throwing lane.

Share 49erswebzone