LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

5 Top CB Prospects

Good read

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/11/16992920/2018-nfl-combine-preview-top-5-cornerback-prospects-sleepers

Sorry if someone already posted.

Thoughts??
Oliver is a intriguing prospect...he looks the part and has some good ball skills. I want to check out how he does in the change of direction drills at the combine.

I don't think he gets drafted as high as some people are saying. I Alexander as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oliver is a intriguing prospect...he looks the part and has some good ball skills. I want to check out how he does in the change of direction drills at the combine.

I don't think he gets drafted as high as some people are saying. I Alexander as well.

He knows
I think that order is accurate. But I think Fitzpatrick is a pro bowl free safety. Not sure he's a pro bowl corner. He's the best football player of the group. Jackson had the best size and numbers. I'd bet Ward ends up the best cover corner of the bunch. His long arms make up for the 5'10. Oliver won't make it to us at the end of round 2. Alexander might but this CB class is deep thru the late rounds. After the top 4 I could see a similar grade on corners from late 2nd into the 4th and 5th
Originally posted by davidboutte:
I think that order is accurate. But I think Fitzpatrick is a pro bowl free safety. Not sure he's a pro bowl corner. He's the best football player of the group. Jackson had the best size and numbers. I'd bet Ward ends up the best cover corner of the bunch. His long arms make up for the 5'10. Oliver won't make it to us at the end of round 2. Alexander might but this CB class is deep thru the late rounds. After the top 4 I could see a similar grade on corners from late 2nd into the 4th and 5th

I think this order is pretty bad. I wouldn't put Fitz in the CB discussion but he is my number 3 Safety. Not impressed with Oliver other than his measurables. As far as Corners go for me after more film it would be.
1) Alexander 2) Ward 3) Jackson 4) Hughes 5) Reed

I like this guy. Not just copy and pasting who the top CBs are from the mainstream media. I don't know why Meeks and and Donte Jackson are that high though
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I like this guy. Not just copy and pasting who the top CBs are from the mainstream media. I don't know why Meeks and and Donte Jackson are that high though

Yeah he's one of my favorite draft guys. All the NDT guys are solid.

Meeks is really good. Everyone is in love with Jackson's speed. I don't like Jackson but I've heard him going in the first round. Once he runs a 4.2 it'll prob happen.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Feb 12, 2018 at 5:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Yeah he's one of my favorite draft guys. All the NDT guys are solid.

Meeks is really good. Everyone is in love with Jackson's speed. I don't like Jackson but I've heard him going in the first round. Once he runs a 4.2 it'll prob happen.

Yeah I know he's fast but the dude was the 3rd best corner on his own team (1. Greedy 2. Tolliver) NFL is stupid as F. Meeks is alright I'd say 3rd or 4th round project player.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Feb 12, 2018 at 6:08 AM ]
For me, it's Joshua Jackson all day long...great size, cover skills and is the playmaker we haven't had at CB in...how many years? That said, depending on what happens with Foster, Lynch may be forced to take a LB before a CB. It's why I'd like to see JL sign ILB Preston Brown to replace Foster assuming they cut him. Then, I'd say it's a toss up whether they grab a CB or a LB in the 1st.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
For me, it's Joshua Jackson all day long...great size, cover skills and is the playmaker we haven't had at CB in...how many years? That said, depending on what happens with Foster, Lynch may be forced to take a LB before a CB. It's why I'd like to see JL sign ILB Preston Brown to replace Foster assuming they cut him. Then, I'd say it's a toss up whether they grab a CB or a LB in the 1st.

I'm all for Smith in the first and hope Alexander falls to us in the second. Then after investigation Foster is innocent and we have a young fast and potentially great D.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'm all for Smith in the first and hope Alexander falls to us in the second. Then after investigation Foster is innocent and we have a young fast and potentially great D.

Same!! I want Roquan, trade up and take Alexander early 2nd. That's a great draft

I'm a real fan of Joshua.

He's going to be an excellent Pro!
I love Jaire Alexander and Mikes Hughes. Both guys play bigger than their size. I hope we don't pass on quality CBs because they don't fit the prototype.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I love Jaire Alexander and Mikes Hughes. Both guys play bigger than their size. I hope we don't pass on quality CBs because they don't fit the prototype.

Made this point in another thread. Spoon is 6'3... How many teams got 2 guys that big?
Share 49ersWebzone