LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Holton Hill, CB- Texas

6'3" 200lbs. Shutdown corner that plays well in run support. First round talent that will likely fall down draft boards. I'm high on him and would love for the 49ers to grab him.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
6'3" 200lbs. Shutdown corner that plays well in run support. First round talent that will likely fall down draft boards. I'm high on him and would love for the 49ers to grab him.

How many drug test has this guy failed? 2 or 3?

Highly doubt lynch touches this guy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

How many drug test has this guy failed? 2 or 3?

Highly doubt lynch touches this guy.

I just don't care about weed man lol

I hope he falls to the 3rd. He's one of my favourite cb in this draft. I like most of the talent coming out of Texas U in this draft . Why did they have such a crappy season. Deshon Elliott sounds like a heck of a safety as well.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

I hope he falls to the 3rd. He's one of my favourite cb in this draft. I like most of the talent coming out of Texas U in this draft . Why did they have such a crappy season. Deshon Elliott sounds like a heck of a safety as well.

He'll likely fall to the 4/5th because of off the field concerns but he's a first round talent in this draft. Would be a perfect fit for our scheme. We need to draft him before Seattle does.
Having 2 6'3 corners who can run like gazelles would be a huge advantage especially when you pair that with Tartt and Colbert we have 4 big dudes who can all run and are very athletic.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Having 2 6'3 corners who can run like gazelles would be a huge advantage especially when you pair that with Tartt and Colbert we have 4 big dudes who can all run and are very athletic.

Agreed. Would like to pair this kid with Witherspoon for sure
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He's super impressive against the run and has a knack for making big plays. In the 4th or 5th round i would definitely take him. I had us drafting him in my mock offseason.
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Feb 8, 2018 at 8:08 PM ]
You can't just throw around terms like "shutdown corner". It losses it's meaning when you use it on a guy like Hill
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
If we sign a solid free agent, it would be wise to take a gamble on this guy in the 3rd or 4th.

And I agree with Hysterikal, don't call him a shutdown corner lol.

He routinely shutdown the opposing teams best WR. I don't want to get into a semantics debate here, but that's a characterization of his effectiveness in college. Not sure what the issue is with pointing that out.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:43 AM ]

Lol the NFL does though
He routinely shutdown the opposing teams best WR. I don't want to get into a semantics debate here, but that's a characterization of his effectiveness in college. Not sure what the issue is with pointing that out.

I'm not saying Hill isn't good. He's very good actually. I just personally don't see a single shutdown cornerback in this entire draft. And my favorite player in the draft is a cornerback. I just reserve the shutdown label for the Patrick Peterson prospects.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
He's super impressive against the run and has a knack for making big plays. In the 4th or 5th round i would definitely take him. I had us drafting him in my mock offseason.

I do love his aggression & willingness to come up & tackle in run defense
Absolute stud. The multiple failed drug tests is a major concern. Take him in the 4th if he's there. Talent is too good. He's 1 of my draft crushes too.
Share 49ersWebzone