LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

Dorance Armstrong Jr, EDGE Kansas

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
to be fair it is walter football, i literally just read their mock draft and they had darnold going down to the cardinals pick.

True. But Eli Harold was projected as a high to mid 2nd rd pick that year. We got him in the early 3rd and most (including myself) thought he was a steal.

yeah same here. He was projected in the first round and we got him in the 3rd, so i gues everyone thought he would've been a steal. but looking back it looks like a reach
to be fair it is walter football, i literally just read their mock draft and they had darnold going down to the cardinals pick.

True. But Eli Harold was projected as a high to mid 2nd rd pick that year. We got him in the early 3rd and most (including myself) thought he was a steal.

yeah same here. He was projected in the first round and we got him in the 3rd, so i gues everyone thought he would've been a steal. but looking back it looks like a reach

Yeah I was fooled into it that year, thought we got a steal with Eli in the 3rd... only a few picks in front of Danielle Hunter
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Yeah I was fooled into it that year, thought we got a steal with Eli in the 3rd... only a few picks in front of Danielle Hunter

thanks baalke.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Just goes to show that after any draft fans should relax and let the guys prove whether they were worth the selection.

Seems like every year we have fans(not necessarily just here) screaming someone was a steal and that guy does jack n chit in the NFL and other guys are "could've had him 2 rounds later" or "awful pick"...and those guys end up being great starters.

We all have our favorites but after any player is drafted by us I hope they go on to be studs no matter my opinion pre-draft.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
There has got to be better players than Armstrong in the draft. He is eager, gets involved, but most of the time seems lost.

Armstrong's position responsibilities were changed this year. Look at his tape from last year. This guy is a beast.

What game? I saw the OU 2016 game and he still looked the same. This guy is a 6th rounder IMO.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Feb 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM ]
Teach this guy to use his hands, and he could be a force. But is he coachable? Never know with these guys.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 14, 2018 at 6:40 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Dorance Armstrong has Aldon like length...can't wait to see him run...

6-3 5/8" 257lb, 34 6/8" arms, 10" hands and a wingspan of 83" or that of a 6-9" player.
Originally posted by jcs:

6-3 5/8" 257lb, 34 6/8" arms, 10" hands and a wingspan of 83" or that of a 6-9" player.

That's not "Aldon-like length." Aldon had 35 3/8" arms.

And that length is wasted. Armstrong may as well be an amputee because he doesn't use his hands whatsoever.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 3, 2018 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by jcs:

That's not "Aldon-like length." Aldon had 35 3/8" arms.

And that length is wasted. Armstrong may as well be an amputee because he doesn't use his hands whatsoever.

The legend of Rod Marinelli grows yet again because he appears to be working his magic on Armstrong now. He looks like a completely different player from college. They're teaching him how to rush with a plan and have him using more hand technique than he ever demonstrated in college. We'll see if it translates to the games, but he's looked mighty impressive during camp.

That rush he had against Darryl Willaims last week--I thought it was Demarcus Lawrence until I saw the number. The stab-forklift technique was cold.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM ]

He is looking tremendous at camp. They have quite the stable of passrushers. Maybe tank becomes expendable with continued development of Armstrong and taco wishful thinking but Armstrong showing flashes of rediculous bend
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He is looking tremendous at camp. They have quite the stable of passrushers. Maybe tank becomes expendable with continued development of Armstrong and taco wishful thinking but Armstrong showing flashes of rediculous bend

He is looking very good out there
Share 49ersWebzone