LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

CB - Quenten Meeks - Stanford

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
These pie charts are getting ridiculous lol.

Everyone watching commented on how stiff he looked in drills etc. Im pretty sure even the hosts of the combine coverage mentioned it. But if a pie chart proves everything these days, i guess we dont even need to have draft analysis anymore. Just pick in order of best pie chart to last...

These spider charts show exactly how they compare to their peers athletically and size wise...sorry if you don't like it, but it doesn't lie and that's what most of the combine is about

"Mayock is a fan of Meeks' athleticism and bloodline -- his father, Ron Meeks, is a former NFL player. "I think that kid is going to play for a lot of years."

Fansided:
https://fansided.com/2018/03/09/2018-nfl-combine-10-players-stock-up-nfl-draft/2/

He's a scheme fit man, I don't think he's close to a finished product and would do well by sitting back and learning behind Sherman for a yr.

Mid rd prospect

So your saying he is a third round pick, and im saying dont touch him before the fourth. Whats the big difference here?

If he wasnt a perceived system fit due to Sherman success(show me another sherman please, he is a one of a kind, and no one thought he would be as successful as he has been, not even harbaugh), or a player from Stanford, no one on these boards would have even a remote interest in this guy, and neither would the FO.

Just because he has similar measurable, went to the same school, etc, does not make him a sherman clone. And even if it does physically, a big part of Sherman game, actually the vast majority of it, is mental. There is no such thing as a sherman clone, because there is only one sherman. He is pretty unique when you look at the history of CB's in the modern era.
So your saying he is a third round pick, and im saying dont touch him before the fourth. Whats the big difference here?

If he wasnt a perceived system fit due to Sherman success(show me another sherman please, he is a one of a kind, and no one thought he would be as successful as he has been, not even harbaugh), or a player from Stanford, no one on these boards would have even a remote interest in this guy, and neither would the FO.

Just because he has similar measurable, went to the same school, etc, does not make him a sherman clone. And even if it does physically, a big part of Sherman game, actually the vast majority of it, is mental. There is no such thing as a sherman clone, because there is only one sherman. He is pretty unique when you look at the history of CB's in the modern era.

About 54 picks lol
Told yall....
Told yall....

What did you tell us?
Originally posted by braap49er:
Told yall....

What did you tell us?

He would slide dramatically from where people were putting him on these boards. I mocked him as a 6th rounder. Even i had him going early.....
Told yall....

What did you tell us?

He would slide dramatically from where people were putting him on these boards. I mocked him as a 6th rounder. Even i had him going early.....

Tell us where you had Isaiah Oliver.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Sign him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Told yall....

What did you tell us?

20's, although i thought there was a chance someone would fall in love with him as the #2 CB and him go in the teens. He went in the second round?

Bit different than projecting Meeks as a second rounder and having him go UDFA...
20's, although i thought there was a chance someone would fall in love with him as the #2 CB and him go in the teens. He went in the second round?

Bit different than projecting Meeks as a second rounder and having him go UDFA...

True I'm surprised Meeks and Tolliver both went undrafted. Teams are gonna get players once they are signed

Told yall....

What did you tell us?

You did say you would draft Oliver with the 9th pick
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Told yall....

What did you tell us?

You did say you would draft Oliver with the 9th pick

If going secondary yes. I said i would prefer him over Ward or Fitzpatrick.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Meeks signs with Jax...dumb for a guy who's supposed to be smart...will never see a snap on that roster....
I thought some people had him pegged as a first rounder on this board?

Is he a S or a CB?

Rough time for Safties in the NFL!
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I thought some people had him pegged as a first rounder on this board?

Is he a S or a CB?

Rough time for Safties in the NFL!

I can see him doing both. He's a zone corner that isn't afraid of contact. He won't bring the wood but that may be useful with the rules that are in place. He won't have the biggest range, but he does know how to leverage his zone.
Share 49ersWebzone