There are 160 users in the forums

Mark Walton RB Miami

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
That's why you draft a RB. I'm not throwing Crowell $ 6 million a yr when a rookie RB could put up the same stats that he could.

Let some other team give him a big raise.

Big raise? Who cares?? We have 120 million to spend man. The more good quality starters we can get the better.

Breida will be nothing more than a change of pace back. A guy who can handle 10-12 carries a game. Joe Williams? I'm not even counting him on my latest 53. You would be willing to give a rookie 3rd round RB or a 190 pound former UDFA 20 carries a game or important carries in the 4th quarter when we are trying to hold onto leads? I wouldnt.

Don't let the success of Hunt and Kamara blind you. 3rd rounders coming in and making an impact rarely happens.

In my latest mock I'm working on I have us signing Crowell and drafting LSU's Derrius Guice after a trade down. Crowell and Guice would be a deadly duo and paired with Jimmy our offense would be great.

I care lol....just because you have $118 million doesn't mean you throw it away. Go look at that Chris Ivory contract and tell me that wasn't a f**king waste of money.

Crowell doesn't do anything special IMO and I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

I'm not saying draft Walton or a 3rd rd prospect, where did I say that? You can draft a RB that would more than likely do exactly what Crowell can offer (who was a UDFA himself) and not cost $6 million a yr.

You want some vet insurance then bring in Alfred Morris on a cheap 1 yr deal.

there's no reason to pay for Crowell, if you're gonna draft Guice (who I'd love in red&gold) IMHO.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 6, 2018 at 8:52 AM ]
Niceee.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Niceee.

good to hear
I like Walton a lot. One of the most savage Jump cuts in all of college football. Great vision. Low pad level. If he can stay healthy, he has a mile high ceiling IMO.
Sounds like if Clinton Portis and Duke Johnson had a baby?
The more i watch of this kid, the more i think he may be the #2 back in this draft....
I like Mark Walton a whole bunch! Count me in.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The more i watch of this kid, the more i think he may be the #2 back in this draft....

I think 5th is appropriate, he's a talent, for sure.
I also cant find his age 100%, but i seem to recall he is extremely young. He came out of High School a year early, and is a true Junior this last season, having never redshirted.

His Nickname is "grown ass man" because of his presence as a true freshman and coming out of HS early.
I also cant find his age 100%, but i seem to recall he is extremely young. He came out of High School a year early, and is a true Junior this last season, having never redshirted.

His Nickname is "grown ass man" because of his presence as a true freshman and coming out of HS early.

DOB: 2/21/97
Bout to be 21

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

DOB: 2/21/97
Bout to be 21

20 years old. Crazy. I really like this kid. Hope we get him in the second.
Yes! He might be the best fit especially after 2nd round is done.
https://www.stateoftheu.com/2018/2/28/17061628/mark-walton-on-the-stick-to-sports-podcast
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I think 5th is appropriate, he's a talent, for sure.

Yup I'll put him 5th behind Barkley, Guice, Jones, Michel...but in my top 3 favorite..
Share 49ersWebzone