There are 250 users in the forums

Austin Corbett-OG-Nevada

Another guy who has kind of flown in under the radar, he's a versatile lineman who would also potentially be a good scheme fit. He comes from a very diverse athletic background(basketball, swimming, wrestling) and has played every single position on the OL, spending most of his time at Nevada playing left tackle. He's a super bright guy(pre-med) with tenacity and a motor to go along with his intelligence. Best suited to play guard or center in the NFL.

Austin Corbett, Nevada
This was a player we didn't know much about entering the week but came away impressed by more and more. He took snaps at all five offensive line positions during practice, which instantly gets you notice, and Corbett fared well at all of them. We think he's best inside, but having the ability to play tackle in a pinch is a terrific luxury for NFL teams that might keep only seven blockers active on game day.
Corbett was effective on combo blocks as a guard in drills, he walked back LSU DT Greg Gilmore on one impressive rep, beat Texas DT Poona Ford twice while playing center and then moved to tackle to toss highly touted UTSA pass rusher Marcus Davenport aside.
It was a showcase week for the 6-4, 310-pound Corbett, who went from being a walk-on to becoming a four-year starter at left tackle for the Wolf Pack. Most teams might view him at guard or center, but that kind of versatility could make him a Senio Kelemete-like prospect.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Another guy who has kind of flown in under the radar, he's a versatile lineman who would also potentially be a good scheme fit. He comes from a very diverse athletic background(basketball, swimming, wrestling) and has played every single position on the OL, spending most of his time at Nevada playing left tackle. He's a super bright guy(pre-med) with tenacity and a motor to go along with his intelligence. Best suited to play guard or center in the NFL.

Austin Corbett, Nevada
This was a player we didn't know much about entering the week but came away impressed by more and more. He took snaps at all five offensive line positions during practice, which instantly gets you notice, and Corbett fared well at all of them. We think he's best inside, but having the ability to play tackle in a pinch is a terrific luxury for NFL teams that might keep only seven blockers active on game day.
Corbett was effective on combo blocks as a guard in drills, he walked back LSU DT Greg Gilmore on one impressive rep, beat Texas DT Poona Ford twice while playing center and then moved to tackle to toss highly touted UTSA pass rusher Marcus Davenport aside.
It was a showcase week for the 6-4, 310-pound Corbett, who went from being a walk-on to becoming a four-year starter at left tackle for the Wolf Pack. Most teams might view him at guard or center, but that kind of versatility could make him a Senio Kelemete-like prospect.

Nice.. Thx
I know it's VERY early but where do you see him getting picked??

Thanks!
5th?
2nd-3rd.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Any film from this year? Got one from last year where he's great at getting off the line but struggles to actually make or stay on the block. He doesn't gain leverage before he drives so he loses control a lot. A lot can be learned by a young player in a year so I don't think this film does him justice.

Now that is a violent chop. You know the DE felt it in the morning.

Sheesh, that WAS an impressive chop . On the Olympic scale of 1-10, bring out the 12 card.
Seen him mocked to the niners in the 2nd in one mock draft, I think that's very early for him, more like a 4th rounder ???
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Seen him mocked to the niners in the 2nd in one mock draft, I think that's very early for him, more like a 4th rounder ???

I had him going in the 4th to us in a mock but fully admit he could sneak easily into day 2.

would like to get another unr prospect
Nice glad someone made a thread for this kid
Thanks had not done due diligence on this prospect,very interesting.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice glad someone made a thread for this kid

Yo, I love this guy. Punks that DE. He plays OL like he's in a fist fight.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 28, 2018 at 11:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone