LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Uchenna Nwosu USC

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Need to merge this thread with the original.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You guys know how much I love this dude, which kills me because I am a UCLA guy.. When I watch games, I really look for guys to jump out of the screen. He is one of the few guys that do that consistently. This is a very good player and should be in strong consideration with the Niners late second round pick.

I have watched every snap of his from 2017, and he is a stud, a warrior who comes to play.

Exactly this! Perfect Harold replacement, except hopefully not with our 2nd pick
I'm late to the party. Is there any room left on the bandwagon? After delving extensively into the tape, Nwosu would fit nicely at SAM.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 17, 2018 at 12:45 PM ]
Why wouldn't we snag this guy with our #2?
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Why wouldn't we snag this guy with our #2?

If you're asking me it's because greed. I prefer taking him later so we could get someone else with our 2nd
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm late to the party. Is there any room left on the bandwagon? After delving extensively into the tape, Nwosu would fit nicely at SAM.

Just another nice car at the dealership... Decisions decisions
Nwosu or Okoronkwo would be big fan favorites. Okoronkwo's comp, for me, is Yannick Ngakoue. Almost identical measurables and testing. Creepy identical.
Nwosu had 13 passes defended last year, a mind-boggling number. Point of reference: Denzel Ward had 15, Isaiah Oliver had 12, Jaire Alexander had 4.

Runner up for crazy number: Josey Jewell had 11 passes defended.

Passes defended is all about hustle and heart.
Nwosu had 13 passes defended last year, a mind-boggling number. Point of reference: Denzel Ward had 15, Isaiah Oliver had 12, Jaire Alexander had 4.

Runner up for crazy number: Josey Jewell had 11 passes defended.

Passes defended is all about hustle and heart.

So lets just take Smith, Nwosu, and Jewell in the first 3 rounds and completely overhaul our linebackers. Bill Walsh did that in the 1981 draft when he took 3 rookie defensive backs in the rounds 1-3. I would say that Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, and Carlton Williamson worked out pretty well.

Nwosu - SAM. Jewell MIKE Smith WILL
Nwosu or Okoronkwo would be big fan favorites. Okoronkwo's comp, for me, is Yannick Ngakoue. Almost identical measurables and testing. Creepy identical.

So do you see him as more of an OLB in this D or DE? To be honest the SAM and LEO kind of confuse me in this D. Does the SAM kick down to LEO on passing downs? For instance they have Ngakoue listed as DE along with Campbell, but also as an OLB...but they also have Fowler, who also seems to be listed as both. Maybe my question boils down to does the SAM position in this D rush the passer as well

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

So do you see him as more of an OLB in this D or DE? To be honest the SAM and LEO kind of confuse me in this D. Does the SAM kick down to LEO on passing downs? For instance they have Ngakoue listed as DE along with Campbell, but also as an OLB...but they also have Fowler, who also seems to be listed as both. Maybe my question boils down to does the SAM position in this D rush the passer as well

The SAM does usually slide to DE in nickel. It can be on either side. This is assuming the SAM is a good pass rusher that can move standing up.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yes please. His USC tape is what I imagined Eli Harold would grow into - can pass rush a bit and always trying to get in on the action.

Yes MD! Love the Ngakoue comp. I'm banging the Obo drum hard, would love to see him on our team.

I'm also a big fan of Nwosu, I'm just not sure his pass rushing style and ability translate to the pro's as well.

I love his mentality though. I would take him as a SAM if I could project a regular Nickel role for him and I'm not certain that I can, will go and watch some more of him.

totally agree! minus the arm length. Yannick 32 1/2 inch OBO 33 3/4
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 18, 2018 at 6:46 AM ]
Going through some Nwosu games thinking, yeah that backs up what I was saying, then he has a monster game vs Stanford, best game I've seen from a rusher outside of Chubb vs FSU.

I'm torn, USC don't really rush him enough for me to be convinced he can stick his hand in the ground on 3rd down when the OT knows he's coming and produce.

I have 0 qualms about him in base, in fact I think he projects as the best base SAM for us in the entire draft.
Share 49ersWebzone