LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

AB's 2018 NFL Draft Rankings(Big Board & Positional) UPDATED 4/19/18

AB, Thanks for all the hard work. Always look forward to this time of year and the list of your's and Maddog's as well as a few others.The one guy of the WR I think is way over rated is Deon Cain. Guys drops way to many balls for a quality WR. Does't always watch the ball all the way into his hands.I think, Tate, Pettis, Anthony Miller or even Lazard are better from what I've seen. Just mho though.Keep up the good work
Great list AB thanks
As always an amazing job AB! Why is Christian Sam not anywhere? If he goes undrafted I would be surprised
Thanks guys, any of the guys you mentioned I either haven't looked at yet, or forgot about them like Wynn. I'll be getting to them shortly.
St Brown!
Updated, added the following players.

RB Chase Edmonds
TE Jordan Akins
TE Khalid Hill
OG Isaiah Wynn
DT Justin Jones
OLB Lorenzo Carter
CB Taron Johnson
CB Michael Joseph
CB Danny Johnson
CB Siran Neal

Still have quite a bit to get to.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Jan 23, 2018 at 7:51 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
It's interesting to me to see you've got Arden Key and Harold Landry ranked above Chubb, would love to know the drivers and reasoning for your thought process. Personally, I want us to take the best edge rusher and I think that will be Landry or Key.

Heya AB81, still looking to hear your thoughts!
AB, where do you think there is depth and value in this draft? There are definitely QB;s and RB's this year.
[ Edited by kirkscrafford on Jan 28, 2018 at 4:18 PM ]
Brown at #2...

I really want that kid
That is an attractive RB list...and Guard/Center... A lot of those guys are going to be around at the beginning of the 2nd Round. I really think this draft holds pretty well through the end of the 2nd. Would really like another pick at the end of 1st/early 2nd without moving up from our 2nd and 3rds. IMO the best 4 elite non-QB picks in the draft are Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick. If none of those guys drop to us, I really hope we can trade down. The drop-off between pick 9/10 to 22 isn't that bad. We should be rooting for the free agent QBs go to teams above us making it more attractive for teams to trade up to our spot.

Hey AB,

How much have you looked into Kallen Ballage, RB for Arizona St, #13 on your list. The guy seems like a freakish athlete. AZ st made him split time but the guy has like 4.4 speed and is 6'3, 230? He caught 44 balls his junior year and average a TD every 9 touches???

Something like that. When I watch him he looks like he could be a kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara type threat. If a team doesn't stop him at the line of scrimmage and just takes off.

Any thoughts? I've only just started looking into him but I hear he had a good senior bowl.
AB, what position do you think has the most depth? IMO, it's CB.
Eh, Key & Landry ahead of Chubb?
It's interesting to me to see you've got Arden Key and Harold Landry ranked above Chubb, would love to know the drivers and reasoning for your thought process. Personally, I want us to take the best edge rusher and I think that will be Landry or Key.

Heya AB81, still looking to hear your thoughts!

Honestly, they're so close, it's tough to say, I have them basically 1a, 1b, and 1c.
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
AB, where do you think there is depth and value in this draft? There are definitely QB;s and RB's this year.

QB has depth for sure, RB and WR are loaded IMO, G/C as well. TE has top tier talent, not many great pass catching guys, DE has depth, as does DT. OLB has good depth, ILB has more top tier, not many in between, and CB is deep, as is S. IMO anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone