LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Trading Down...

I'm not really a fan of trading down, but if we did trade with say Buffalo for their 2 first rounders, eBay two players would you want?

I think it has to be CB/Edge (Landry/Jackson)

Then in the 2nd and 3rd get a guard/center/wr (Brandon Smith/ Ragnow/ Dj Moore).

Does that serve us better than taking Roquan? I'm for trading down if Nelson, Roquan or both gone. Thoughts?
[ Edited by Dillesq on Jan 21, 2018 at 2:06 PM ]
I prefer Amazon
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I'm not really a fan of trading down, but if we did trade with say Buffalo for their 2 first rounders, eBay two players would you want?

Then in the 2nd and 3rd get a guard/center/wr (Brandon Smith/ Ragnow/ Dj Moore).

Does that serve us better than taking Roquan? I'm for trading down if Nelson, Roquan or both gone. Thoughts?

Why would Buffalo give up their 2 firsts rounders? They have 2 second rounders and could move up by trading 21, a second and a third. They would still have their other first and another second.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I like both landry and Jackson and would LOVE for this scenario BUT what if we went Landry and Oronkwo 1 at the SAM and obviously the other at LEO.

That in and of itself would help Spoon and which ever CB(s) we take later.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Why would Buffalo give up their 2 firsts rounders? They have 2 second rounders and could move up by trading 21, a second and a third. They would still have their other first and another second.

I am one th at has mocked us getting #17 a 2nd plus future pick to SD so they can go OL. So I'm not one of those lopsided traders we see on here.

BUT....

The last few years show teams over paying for QBs. The recent price is 2 1sts plus. So if Buff truly wanted a QB. they'd likely give up 2 1sts(+) that obviously only happens if they LOVE a QB obviously.

I personally see Buffalo as a vet QB destination.
[ Edited by krizay on Jan 21, 2018 at 2:29 PM ]
Bills aren't gonna give up two 1st unless Rosen or Darnold magically fall to us.

I'm all for a trade down if Nelson/smith are gone.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bills aren't gonna give up two 1st unless Rosen or Darnold magically fall to us.

Magically? Darnold not going to be top 10.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

I am one th at has mocked us getting #17 a 2nd plus future pick to SD so they can go OL. So I'm not one of those lopsided traders we see on here.

BUT....

The last few years show teams over paying for QBs. The recent price is 2 1sts plus. So if Buff truly wanted a QB. they'd likely give up 2 1sts(+) that obviously only happens if they LOVE a QB obviously.

I personally see Buffalo as a vet QB destination.

If Buffalo has interest in moving up for a QB, they will be talking to teams at least 24 hours prior to the draft starting. They likely will talk to everyone from pick 7 to a couple/few picks after us.

Some of those teams may be more desperate to move down and won't ask for those 2 firsts.

I understand teams often pay more for a QB but there are multiple options to deal with in a move up. At this point it is mostly wishful thinking from our fans that we could get Buffalo to give up both of those picks. They could overpay by offering a 2019 pick along with a first, second and third to move up.

whatever you say krizay

What's the bet?

Originally posted by illinois9er:

What's the bet?

Hmmmmmmm
  • krizay
  • Veteran

whatever you say krizay

With All of the QBs available in the draft. I do not see Darnold going top 10.

Not saying I wouldn't rather him than a QB (or 2) that goes ahead of him but I don't see it....

13th to the skins at the earliest

Same reason KC did. Wanted to secure their guy.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Same reason KC did. Wanted to secure their guy.

KC gave up last years and this years first and were jumping up from 27 to 10. Buffalo has enough ammo that they do not need to give up 21 and 22 this year.
KC gave up last years and this years first and were jumping up from 27 to 10. Buffalo has enough ammo that they do not need to give up 21 and 22 this year.

They gave up 27 and 22 plus a 3rd.

If there is a run on qbs in top 10 they can't get up to get anyone. Cleveland Giants Broncos Jets Dolphins Skins might all be looking qb.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone