LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Alex Cappa - LT - Humboldt St

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
How did he do in the bowl game?
Originally posted by TheNef77:

Had a pretty rough one, got beaten badly a few times, think he's going to have to play Guard in the NFL. He's looking like a day 3 guy, I'd still like him at the right price, probably a 5th.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Had a pretty rough one, got beaten badly a few times, think he's going to have to play Guard in the NFL. He's looking like a day 3 guy, I'd still like him at the right price, probably a 5th.

Yeah Mayock said he will most likely be moved inside, all the hype he had he really didn't show much in the game but I think it was NY that said practice means more then the game at the senior bowl, def a developmental player who id spend a late round pick on..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah Mayock said he will most likely be moved inside, all the hype he had he really didn't show much in the game but I think it was NY that said practice means more then the game at the senior bowl, def a developmental player who id spend a late round pick on..

Got beat a lot in practice as well! Doesn't seem to have the footwork to play tackle at the next level.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Got beat a lot in practice as well! Doesn't seem to have the footwork to play tackle at the next level.

I thought I read or saw he did well, I kno they wee talking about his size..
He needs to move inside. He simply can't keep up with the twitchy edge rushers.

Yep. With his struggles to handle speed rushers, he definitely looks like a candidate to move inside. At 6'7" it might be somewhat awkward but it seems he would have the movement skills necessary for this scheme.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yep. With his struggles to handle speed rushers, he definitely looks like a candidate to move inside. At 6'7" it might be somewhat awkward but it seems he would have the movement skills necessary for this scheme.

He reminds me of Alex Boone a bit, he made it work
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Hopefully we can get his leg strength up there. He's gonna go from d2 des to nfl dts. That's a huge jump if he gets thrown in
Anyone see his senior running back at humboldt? He broke all their records...Jaquan Gardner dude is a savage
https://youtu.be/NKLLWGlUFnA

Originally posted by Broseph6:
Anyone see his senior running back at humboldt? He broke all their records...Jaquan Gardner dude is a savage

He'll be quite the force in the XFL in a couple of years.

He'll be quite the force in the XFL in a couple of years.
I don't get it....
I don't get it....

He's not really an NFL level prospect.
I don't get it....

He's not really an NFL level prospect.

And u gathered that how?
And u gathered that how?

Because he simply isn't. No single elite traits, just a very good college player. Nothing wrong with that. Every year you have thousands of guys who were good college players whose football careers end after graduation.
Share 49ersWebzone