LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Alex Cappa - LT - Humboldt St

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Heroism:
Left side. Slow feet don't eat.

Nice find. He stuttered out instead of back on the first step and that's where he was playing catchup the rest of the way. Same foot speed with better technique would win this battle.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Jan 24, 2018 at 9:47 AM ]
That looks like a quick set because of the 3-step play concept.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2018 at 10:39 AM ]
This kid went to Dublin High School.
3 step in shotgun is 5 step under center. Shotgun quickset for O line is only on quicks or 1 step QB trows.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
3 step in shotgun is 5 step under center. Shotgun quickset for O line is only on quicks or 1 step QB trows.

Suckafree, it sounds like you played OL. What do you see on that play? Mix up? Poor technique? Late hands?

BTW, If you're a former OL, I need you in the Connor Williams thread. I got questions about that dude's technique.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2018 at 10:53 AM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Heroism:
That looks like a quick set because of the 3-step play concept.

Hard to tell what the concept. Looks like a streak dig combo on the left with the RB going to the flat as a checkdown. He's looking that way so I can see the check down for that. It's the right side that throws me off. Quick out and slant combo should only be a 1 step drop. Not really sure what the line understood there since both tackles are taking first step out instead of deep.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Jan 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM ]
I'd love to have a Humboldt State guy on our team!
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think he has the tools to develop, but is not a day 1 starter. He got annihilated by speed rushes from Griffin, Haynes, and Nwosu. I chalk it up, tho, to him never facing that caliber of speed from an edge rusher at the DII level. I mean, common, Griffin's first step was absolutely ridiculous; his feet must have been on fire after that get off. Cappa is athletic and a technician; he'll be fine.

I think this is fine, he was getting some serious hype, he's going to need time and with our situation having Staley for another 2 seasons, Cappa could slide down to where we would be comfortable picking him in the 4th/5th, rather than the 3rd/early 4th he's been mocked

OG is a must early but we should get a OT in the mid rounds in the mold of Cappa
Originally posted by irishluder:
I think this is fine, he was getting some serious hype, he's going to need time and with our situation having Staley for another 2 seasons, Cappa could slide down to where we would be comfortable picking him in the 4th/5th, rather than the 3rd/early 4th he's been mocked

OG is a must early but we should get a OT in the mid rounds in the mold of Cappa

5th round would be perfect. Not sure he would ever be a LT but I have no problem seeing him develop into a starter at RT. If Brown gets extended and becomes the LT-in-waiting, then they have a great setup going forwards.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

There's this guy...Connor Williams, played for Texas. That's the guy to draft to take over for Staley when he's done.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There's this guy...Connor Williams, played for Texas. That's the guy to draft to take over for Staley when he's done.

Might not even be a tackle at the next level.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Hell yeah!
  • dj43
Originally posted by jreff22:
The kid from UCF blew by him a few times. Can he handle speed rushers....?

He may just need some time to adjust to the speed of some of these big school guys.

Arcata/Eureka is a great place to live/vacation but the football there is not the same as in Tuscaloosa.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What a joke; doesn't dj realize humboldt's opponents are one-star and no-star athletes.
Cappa's like a high school jock picking on the nerds who play role-playing games in the library.
Dude wont be drafted until rd 6 or 7.
Share 49ersWebzone