LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Alex Cappa - LT - Humboldt St

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Another victim.

You could almost say Davenport was humboldt....

The kid from UCF blew by him a few times. Can he handle speed rushers....?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!

No softies, I want an OL that is going to beat people up, take their lunch money and haunt their dreams forever.

You don't like out of shape stanford guys who want to go med school ?
Cappa is a great story, but I think we all need to hit the breaks on this kid, especially some of the guys at the NFL Network.

The Pros from today: He is a tough, nasty. play through the whistle OT. Once he gets his hands on you, it means trouble.
The Cons from today: He was beaten like a drum in the 11 on 11 pass drills for at least two EASY sacks. He was scorched at the end of one-on-ones as well. Really struggled against speed rushers.

Overall, it was an uneven day for him. LOTS to work on.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 23, 2018 at 4:18 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Cappa is a great story, but I think we all need to hit the breaks on this kid, especially some of the guys at the NFL Network.

The Pros from today: He is a tough, nasty. play through the whistle OT. Once he gets his hands on you, it means trouble.
The Cons from today: He was beaten like a drum in the 11 on 11 pass drills for at least two EASY sacks. He was scorched at the end of one-on-ones as well. Really struggled against speed rushers.

Overall, it was an uneven day for him. LOTS to work on.

Ideally whoever drafts him gives him the time to develop. From what I've seen he's pretty raw in terms of pass protection. One thing that you can't teach is his aggressive mentality. He's just a dude going out there looking for someone to destroy. Harnessing that attitude along with improved fundamentals could lead to him becoming a starter in the NFL down the road, likely at right tackle, potentially even moving inside to guard.
I just saw the clips vs Griffin/Haynes on TV. I'm disappointed with Cappa's feet. I thought he'd have much sweeter feet given his athleticism.
I think he has the tools to develop, but is not a day 1 starter. He got annihilated by speed rushes from Griffin, Haynes, and Nwosu. I chalk it up, tho, to him never facing that caliber of speed from an edge rusher at the DII level. I mean, common, Griffin's first step was absolutely ridiculous; his feet must have been on fire after that get off. Cappa is athletic and a technician; he'll be fine.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I just saw the clips vs Griffin/Haynes on TV. I'm disappointed with Cappa's feet. I thought he'd have much sweeter feet given his athleticism.

Against Haynes, can't knock his footwork when you tell a LT to change right away to the right side. Didn't see him against Griffin. Was he on the right side for that too?
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Jan 24, 2018 at 12:19 AM ]
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Against Haynes, can't knock his footwork when you tell a LT to change right away to the right side. Didn't see him against Griffin. Was he on the right side for that too?

My memory isn't great so I might be off, but I believe both were from the left. His feet looked heavy and slower than I expected.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2018 at 8:07 AM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

My memory isn't great so I might be off, but I believe both were from the left. His feet looked heavy and slower than I expected.
Haynes was from the right. I read that Griffin beat him in team drills but I can't find that drill on film.

Haynes was from the right. I read that Griffin beat him in team drills but I can't find that drill on film.

It happened
Left side. Slow feet don't eat.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2018 at 8:47 AM ]
Left side. Slow feet don't eat.

Jeremiah brought up the slow feet yesterday during drills.
Slow and heavy is what I see, which is a little surprising since he's pretty damn athletic in space.
Share 49ersWebzone