There are 309 users in the forums

Off-the-radar, surprise 1st rounder you'd be okay with?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Looks like this idea is coming up in other threads, but just genuinely curious.

Of course it'll depend on FA.
Quenton Meeks
DJ Moore
Jaire Alexander
[ Edited by Dillesq on Jan 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM ]
N/A.

There shouldn't be anyone off the radar we're considering at 10. If we're talking mid-late first, then I like Chukwuma Okorafor as a tackle prospect who could play LT or shift to RT if Brown moves to LT when Staley retires. Good athlete for his size with very long arms.
I think if Lynch sees Derrius Guice as the future at 3-down back to create the mismatches in Shanahans offense, then i would be on board. Mostly because i think Guice has the ability and explosiveness to score everytime he touches the ball. We need impact offense skill players and then we possibly could be a top offense NEXT year.

I also dont think Guice is on the radar of the webzone as much as hes on the radar of the front office. We need the scouts in here to correct me if DG wouldnt be a good fit in this offense, but i think he could.

(If Lynch selected LT like Conner Williams with (10th?) pick, i would be a little disappointed since i think LT is lower need than others this offseason
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
N/A.

There shouldn't be anyone off the radar we're considering at 10. If we're talking mid-late first, then I like Chukwuma Okorafor as a tackle prospect who could play LT or shift to RT if Brown moves to LT when Staley retires. Good athlete for his size with very long arms.

You stole my post practically verbatim
Derwin James- SS

Dude is a stud.

My Sleeper pick for us in the first this year. We are picking at about the spot for him to be BPA,and S is an underrated need for us IMO. Reid wont be back, Ward is not a solution, Tartt is still a big ? and Colbert is a 7th round rookie project that totally overachieved this season.

Derwin would instantly be the top S on the roster, and a versatile monster to be used all over the field.

Sean Taylor 2.0

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 11, 2018 at 8:58 PM ]
Georgia LB Smith, next to foster they would rule the middle of our defense for the next 10 years. What Willis and Bo should have done.
[ Edited by eavalerio on Jan 11, 2018 at 8:13 PM ]
Originally posted by eavalerio:
Georgia LB Smith, next to foster they would rule the middle of our defense for the next 10 years. What Willis and Bo should have done.

x2
Two big ifs for mine. If Deon Cain's character concerns are behind him, and if a trade down from 10 or a trade back into the late first for another first rounder. 25ish unless he blazes a sub 4.4 which I doubt he will.
Maximus Fletcher-Anaya. OLB Colgate School for the blind

Marcus Davenport
Isaiah Oliver
Brian O'Neil
D.J. Moore
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I think if Lynch sees Derrius Guice as the future at 3-down back to create the mismatches in Shanahans offense, then i would be on board. Mostly because i think Guice has the ability and explosiveness to score everytime he touches the ball. We need impact offense skill players and then we possibly could be a top offense NEXT year.

I also dont think Guice is on the radar of the webzone as much as hes on the radar of the front office. We need the scouts in here to correct me if DG wouldnt be a good fit in this offense, but i think he could.

(If Lynch selected LT like Conner Williams with (10th?) pick, i would be a little disappointed since i think LT is lower need than others this offseason
I am all over Guice. He is a monster. Probably is a mid first round talent at least. Not sure at 9-10? Maybe a little trade down etc.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by eavalerio:

x2

I dont think Smith is anywhere near an off-the-radar surprise 1st rounder.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Maximus Fletcher-Anaya. OLB Colgate School for the blind

How is his arm length? The combine will tell all...
Originally posted by English:
I dont think Smith is anywhere near an off-the-radar surprise 1st rounder.

Smith is a star and his game does resemble Patrick's. However, this draft is all about protecting the prize of the franchise. Nelson is 6'5, 330 pounds, if he's there it would be tough to pass. I'd go a step further in drafting another guard at 2 or 3 and the inside would be set. There's plenty of cash for free agents. This off season sets up the team for the next 5 years.
Share 49ersWebzone