LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
This guy is a great scheme fit and excels at press man coverage - better fit that Josh Jackson whose more of off zone but inconsistent press man.

Huh? You do realize that would mean Josh Jackson is the better fit because the 49ers play predominantly zone.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 15, 2018 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
This guy is a great scheme fit and excels at press man coverage - better fit that Josh Jackson whose more of off zone but inconsistent press man.

Huh? You do realize that would mean Josh Jackson is the better fit because the 49ers play predominantly zone.

That's generalizing/oversimplifying but if you're taking a cb at 10 you'd want someone who you can leave on an island and not dedicate over the top safety help - JJ is more of an asante samuel type - elite in zone, reads well w/ off coverage but inconsistent press coverage.

Oliver - depending on how he runs at the combine can be a low 2nd-3rd round pick who would be an ideal fit.
I'm not advocating taking Josh Jackson. I'm pointing out that you said one guy is a better fit because he plays press-man, which makes no sense because that's a coverage Saleh rarely dials up.

Typically, the most press-man Saleh dials up is on the backside versus trips on a mable call.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 15, 2018 at 6:13 PM ]
Edit
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Feb 15, 2018 at 11:40 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

"One of the first things that jumps out to me is Oliver's fluidity. He has an effortless, smooth backpedal with nice bend that will allow him to play off coverage at a high level. With the 49ers playing so much press and press bail coverage, let's dig into the film and go over what makes Oliver worthy of a top-10 pick to San Francisco. "

Miller has him going 23rd overall to Seattle
Niners play zone. Press bail is a zone technique, and is not the same as press man.
"One of the first things that jumps out to me is Oliver's fluidity. He has an effortless, smooth backpedal with nice bend that will allow him to play off coverage at a high level. With the 49ers playing so much press and press bail coverage, let's dig into the film and go over what makes Oliver worthy of a top-10 pick to San Francisco. "

Miller has him going 23rd overall to Seattle

Right, not press-MAN. Totally different coverages.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 16, 2018 at 7:14 AM ]
If he's picked in the top 10
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

No way that happens

Josh Jackson is better
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

No way that happens

yeah no way. If we trade back into the twenties with someone like Buffalo, i think he is a real candidate.
He sounds like the exact same player as Witherspoon( not because of his school) I like him a lot,I would take him in round 2
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
He sounds like the exact same player as Witherspoon( not because of his school) I like him a lot,I would take him in round 2

Looking forward to his combine
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

That would be great. I'd love to trade down and grab an extra 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone