There are 295 users in the forums

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Originally posted by strickac:
You watch your mouth. CU is Berkeley of the Rockies.

Yeah, you can dismiss smarts as a factor when athletes get scholarships. Their academic records is barely part of the equation at most schools.

77% acceptance rate vs 17.5% acceptance rate... that's a pretty big gap. Kinda like calling someone the Tom Brady of the CFL.

I'm all for drafting Oliver in the late first/early 2nd. This guy is a very good athlete with good ball skills even though he's a little raw (competed in the decathalon and finished 4th in PAC-12 championship). He has good size and appears to have very good length.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/11/16636096/nfl-draft-prospect-to-know-isaiah-oliver-cornerback-colorado-dallas-cowboys
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
77% acceptance rate vs 17.5% acceptance rate... that's a pretty big gap. Kinda like calling someone the Tom Brady of the CFL.

I'm all for drafting Oliver in the late first/early 2nd. This guy is a very good athlete with good ball skills even though he's a little raw (competed in the decathalon and finished 4th in PAC-12 championship). He has good size and appears to have very good length.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/11/16636096/nfl-draft-prospect-to-know-isaiah-oliver-cornerback-colorado-dallas-cowboys

Very nice

The acceptance rate is skewed because the tards in the state all apply to CSU. They're our dirty little filter. Everyone applies to Berkeley, so ignore the lower acceptance rate.
Any chance this guy falls to our 2nd round pick at 59?
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Yes.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Yes.

Very unlikely
Seeing 3rd round projections
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Seeing 3rd round projections

I see a lot more 1st round projections and very few with him outside of the top-50. He should test very well and he has good size. CBs always seem to go off the board quickly. This is a good corner draft though, so we'll see
Dude actually has some ball tracking skills!! Hope if they get him they let him use those and not make him use the "never turn your head and just try to rip at their hands when they catch it and probably get a PI if they don't catch it" technique.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Ahhh the Robinson school cb. Just blindly run into dude while staring at anything but player
What is the deal with Colorado and DBs? The last two years they are just churning them out. Impressive.

Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
What is the deal with Colorado and DBs? The last two years they are just churning them out. Impressive.

I liked Awuzie and Weatherspoon more than Oliver personally.
Probs goes within top half of 2nd at worst?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:

I liked Awuzie and Weatherspoon more than Oliver personally.

I definitely like Awuzie more. He was so good for CU. Last year I had didn't even think a spoon would get drafted. He wasn't bad. He just didn't stand out like Awuzie and Thompson did.

I'd certainly put Oliver before Spoon. It comes down to projecting them for the pros though. Awuzie didn't have great size and his speed was a concern (ran fine though) because he struggled against quicker guys (James Washington). Oliver has the prototypical measurables and he'll excel in the Combine drills. Spoon was similar, to a lesser degree, and that's the reason he went in the 3rd, which seemed pretty early.

Oliver does play he ball well and he has good instincts. Match that with his size and speed and he'll be lucky to get out of the 1st, which is truly a little early for him, but not a reach for a premier position.
Originally posted by strickac:
I definitely like Awuzie more. He was so good for CU. Last year I had didn't even think a spoon would get drafted. He wasn't bad. He just didn't stand out like Awuzie and Thompson did.

I'd certainly put Oliver before Spoon. It comes down to projecting them for the pros though. Awuzie didn't have great size and his speed was a concern (ran fine though) because he struggled against quicker guys (James Washington). Oliver has the prototypical measurables and he'll excel in the Combine drills. Spoon was similar, to a lesser degree, and that's the reason he went in the 3rd, which seemed pretty early.

Oliver does play he ball well and he has good instincts. Match that with his size and speed and he'll be lucky to get out of the 1st, which is truly a little early for him, but not a reach for a premier position.

I just don't see him in the 1st. This is a really good draft and he's at a position where he's not in the top 3 at the position.

Edit: I hated Thompson and was excited to see him go to the Seahawks.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 17, 2018 at 6:33 AM ]
This guy is a great scheme fit and excels at press man coverage - better fit that Josh Jackson whose more of off zone but inconsistent press man.
Share 49ersWebzone