LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

6'1
195 lbs

Colorado pumps out DBs almost every year and Oliver is gonna be another. A bit more polished and refined than Akhello was coming out. Be mighty surprised if he's not taken in the 1st.
I like his game and he checks all the boxes for us. He's fairly new to the position and hasn't gotten much playing time. This was his first year in a prime role.

I like him way more than I liked Spoon last year, hence the 1st round grades. Awuzie was the better CB, IMO, but Oliver has intriguing size and speed. He's just learning the position, so you have to project his ceiling.

For so little experience, he seems very confident on the field. He doesn't seem to get rattled easy. Very good athlete that will test well. That's what scouts are getting excited about by projected him in the 1st.

Edit: unless we trade back 5-10 spots, I don't think he's in play. If/once he wows in track clothes, he could fall into the 12-20 range.
[ Edited by strickac on Jan 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM ]
Plus, you must consider that he'll interview very well and crush any Wonderlic-type test throw at him. CU is, of course, one of the premier academic institutions on this vast planet.

We all know that though.
Yeah he was kinda buried in that depth chart. Assuming he tests well, and the eye test from film looks like he will, he could definitely go somewhere in the teens and 20s. He's probably the 3rd best CB as of now, depending how you feel about Denzel Ward and Joshua Jackson (ideal target if they stick at 9-10).
Originally posted by Mdizzle27:
6'1
195 lbs

Colorado pumps out DBs almost every year and Oliver is gonna be another. A bit more polished and refined than Akhello was coming out. Be mighty surprised if he's not taken in the 1st.

Would absolutely love to get him to put on the other side of Witherspoon in this defense
Colorado pumped out studs at CB last year. It's a new DB coach, but still, I'd love to pair him with Ahkello. Unfortunately, I don't see anyway he's still on the board for our 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Colorado pumped out studs at CB last year. It's a new DB coach, but still, I'd love to pair him with Ahkello. Unfortunately, I don't see anyway he's still on the board for our 2nd round pick.

Agreed. With his ability to play the outside, his speed & return ability will bump him up the boards. If not we should jump all over this kid for sure

We all thought the same thing with Chidobe Awuzie last yr, most people thought he was a late 1st rd pick, but he made it all the way to the bottom of the 2nd.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We all thought the same thing with Chidobe Awuzie last yr, most people thought he was a late 1st rd pick, but he made it all the way to the bottom of the 2nd.

I think teams got scared when they saw he completely abused by James Washington. Remove that one game and I think he would've slid in
First round talent. He won't last until our 2nd pick.

I don't see what's so special. Jackson, Alexander and Reed look better than him imo.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
First round talent. He won't last until our 2nd pick.

I'm not going to guarantee he'll be there but every year we make these claims that so and so will not be there....and every year some of those guys are not only there but they're there in the next round and sometimes the round after.

Only so many guys can go in each round. Who would've though Aaron Rodgers would drop to the 20s?
If we dont sign a CB i think he could be a target with Saints pick which is officially #59.

Other guys i hope that are there... Hubbard,Holland,Braden Smith,Teller,Ragnow.
Originally posted by strickac:
Plus, you must consider that he'll interview very well and crush any Wonderlic-type test throw at him. CU is, of course, one of the premier academic institutions on this vast planet.

We all know that though.

Thought this was serious until I looked up the school profile (77% acceptance rate). Not saying he isn't a smart guy since I haven't really followed him, but there are football players at much better schools than Colorado who aren't very bright (sub-20 on the Wonderlic). Sherman only score a 24 and he got into Stanford (and did well there).
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Thought this was serious until I looked up the school profile (77% acceptance rate). Not saying he isn't a smart guy since I haven't really followed him, but there are football players at much better schools than Colorado who aren't very bright (sub-20 on the Wonderlic). Sherman only score a 24 and he got into Stanford (and did well there).

You watch your mouth. CU is Berkeley of the Rockies.

Yeah, you can dismiss smarts as a factor when athletes get scholarships. Their academic records is barely part of the equation at most schools.
Share 49ersWebzone