LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

2018 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Yeah but Josh Jackson looking super stiff and awkward in backpedal. I think that's hurt him. Brown will be fine Jackson may be in for a slide

Just to play devil's advocate: 49ers don't use much, if any, backpedal technique in their defense.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah but Josh Jackson looking super stiff and awkward in backpedal. I think that's hurt him. Brown will be fine Jackson may be in for a slide

Just to play devil's advocate: 49ers don't use much, if any, backpedal technique in their defense.

Excellent point by an excellent football mind.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Backpedaling isn't necessary. Nick Saban doesn't teach his DBs to back pedal, instead he teaches them a different technique which is a 3 step shuffle that is arguably more effective than back pedaling. It allows CBs to open hips and turn easier and/or break on a short route easier.
The Niners need more picks at the top of the second.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Backpedaling isn't necessary. Nick Saban doesn't teach his DBs to back pedal, instead he teaches them a different technique which is a 3 step shuffle that is arguably more effective than back pedaling. It allows CBs to open hips and turn easier and/or break on a short route easier.

And how did Jackson look breaking? I know your just playing advocate and all. But Jackson had to completely stop to drive. I love his game film but somethings not adding up with him
Originally posted by Butter:
The Niners need more picks at the top of the second.

I could use around 12 picks in the top 2 rounds

Lol dude there are so many guys i want on this team. Josh Sweat, Genard Avery, Anthony Miller, Braden Smith, EQ St Brown, Rashad Penny, etc.
Originally posted by Dillesq:

Lol dude there are so many guys i want on this team. Josh Sweat, Genard Avery, Anthony Miller, Braden Smith, EQ St Brown, Rashad Penny, etc.

Yeah the first 3 rounds is just loaded imo. Unless you got Baalke making the picks I do expect to get 3 starters out of this draft
Yeah the first 3 rounds is just loaded imo. Unless you got Baalke making the picks I do expect to get 3 starters out of this draft

I just wanna trade all our draft capital for next year so we can have like 4 2nd rounders lol
Share 49ersWebzone