There are 218 users in the forums

Denzel Ward

I'd rather take Minkah
Originally posted by Eli_23:
I'd rather take Minkah

Won't have a choice cause he won't be there
Would have no issue with Ward being drafted by us.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I'll take Jackson or Ward (prefer Jackson) unless you can guarantee Alexander is there at 59, which you cannot. And I like Alexander.

But we can be almost certain that Ward or Jackson is there at 9/10, and I'm tired of the nightmare that is Dontae Johnson. So until I see that we've signed a legit CB in free agency, I'm taking Jackson at 9/10.

For Alexander, we need to trade down into the 20s with a team like Buffalo and draft Evans and get an extra 2nd and 3rd, and maneuver to get him in the early 2nd. Otherwise, I'm not going to rely on us getting him at 59.

But at 9/10 if we stay put, I want Jackson or Roquan.

I'm so torn on FA CB or top 2 round rookie. Heck there's some prospects in the 3rd that might need some time like Spoon that are capable.

I guess going all in Ansah and a G in FA should be top priorities and go from there. We could still take a Guard later in the draft in a rich one, along with taking a CB to develop as well.

Then that opens up the door for Roquan or another pass rusher.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 22, 2018 at 12:20 AM ]
183 lbs. There's no way the 49ers will see this dude as an outside cornerback in their scheme

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:
183 lbs. There's no way the 49ers will see this dude as an outside cornerback in their scheme

Yah I'm not buying all these Mocks, Ward to the 49ers at 9.

He's not much different from where Casey Hayward was. I'd still be just fine with us taking him and honestly if we sign an outside corner in FA then take him and put the best 3 out there. Williams can certainly be improved upon and slot is so big in the NFL these days.
Casey Howard was 192 lbs at the combine and likely bigger now. That ten pounds is a big deal, especially when factoring in Ward's slender frame. He's likely maxed out.

I feel confident there's zero chance the 49ers will see him as an outside cornerback.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 3, 2018 at 7:52 AM ]
Casey Howard was 192 lbs at the combine and likely bigger now. That ten pounds is a big deal, especially when factoring in Ward's slender frame. He's likely maxed out.

I feel confident there's zero chance the 49ers will see him as an outside cornerback.

I know someone who weighed in at 196 today
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I know someone who weighed in at 196 today

Howard was a 2nd too. Pass on ward lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/casey-hayward?id=2532861

Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder. It happens.

Ward should test much better than Hayward did and played at OSU vs Vandy. Don't sleep on the kid.
I think this guy is the elite press man coverage Corner in the draft, he just doesn't fit our scheme, not sure why some of the draftnicks have him picked by us at 9
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think this guy is the elite press man coverage Corner in the draft, he just doesn't fit our scheme, not sure why some of the draftnicks have him picked by us at 9

Because they see our need at CB and simply select the top CB available. A lot of these guys also just copy and paste others work and then just put their own little twist on it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/casey-hayward?id=2532861

Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder. It happens.

Ward should test much better than Hayward did and played at OSU vs Vandy. Don't sleep on the kid.

Thx for the Heyward correction. Hero got me ducked up over here
Share 49ersWebzone