There are 231 users in the forums

draft rumors and draft discussion 2018

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Not sure its a rumor if he officially declares.

Feel free to have the mods move it

Him being CB1 is the rumor

For me it's Quenton Nelson in the 1st. Might even be able to slide down a few slots if someone needs a QB and I have a good feeling a few good ones will still be available. If not Nelson then it's Barkley. Our run game sucks and needs addressed quickly. I have no issue resigning Hyde if we get Nelson.

Auden Tate in the 2nd or even a trade up into the late first is my dream scenario. I love our WR's and think Goodwin has it in him to be a great WR. I'm a huge Garcon fan but I am starting to regret his signing after Goodwin broke out. He could keep us from the kind of WR we need most. A big, strong TD catching machine.

I will dream all off season about an offense with Barkley and Tate. Unfortunately I doubt we see either of them sporting Red and Gold next year.

My dream I know will never come true is Chubb falling to #9. Maybe we could queitly promise him some extra money if he is willing to flip out on the medical staff at the combine
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Not sure its a rumor if he officially declares.

Feel free to have the mods move it

Him being CB1 is the rumor

that works lol
According to sources, some NFL decision-makers met and interviewed Allen a year ago during the 2017 NFL Combine. (Allen was quietly there.) His body type, mental makeup, maturity and confidence impressed the decision-makers and allowed him to cement the trust some in the NFL have in him.
Even though NFL teams like Allen, it's a big leap to take him within the top 10 picks because of his woeful production and inconsistency. Some teams that might have substantial interest in Allen: the Steelers, the Chargers (who are looking to mimic the Chiefs' drafting of Patrick Mahomes a year ago) and, as a dark horse, the Packers.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-baker-mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
According to sources, some NFL decision-makers met and interviewed Allen a year ago during the 2017 NFL Combine. (Allen was quietly there.) His body type, mental makeup, maturity and confidence impressed the decision-makers and allowed him to cement the trust some in the NFL have in him.
Even though NFL teams like Allen, it's a big leap to take him within the top 10 picks because of his woeful production and inconsistency. Some teams that might have substantial interest in Allen: the Steelers, the Chargers (who are looking to mimic the Chiefs' drafting of Patrick Mahomes a year ago) and, as a dark horse, the Packers.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-baker-mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq

The more QBs raise their stock = win for us

I for one welcome Allen as the supreme QB leader of this draft class...followed closely by Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph and whomever else wants to get another team hot and bothered and either drop a great player to us or allow us to trade down for a good haul.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Everyone one of those quarterbacks is a roll of the dice as Mel Kiper would say. If you miss, you won't get the chance to draft another quarterback in 2-3 years.

Getting Garappolo was a very huge get by the 49ers.
So much for the rumor that Darnold would return to USC, lol.

Originally posted by genus49:

this
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:

this

Hopefully, Mayfield and Jackson and maybe even Allen go in the top ten.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 4, 2018 at 5:44 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Overkill:

this

Hopefully it's us that another team is selling the farm for to move up and get one of them
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Edge Rusher or CB in the 1st.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Landry or Jackson would be great!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Landry or Jackson would be great!

I'd drink to that

Your probably right on those two priorities but I think if they sign Jimmy they are going to draft a oline position very high as well.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Me to but I can't believe someone would take Jackson in the top 10

I'd like to see the new CB starter come out of FA to balance Witherspoon's early career. If Nelson is gone, perhaps the Niners go with Connor Williams or McGlinchey to play guard until Staley retires.
Share 49ersWebzone