There are 225 users in the forums

CB Mike Hughes UCF

First UCF game ive watched this season, wanted to see Braden Smith, Kerryon Johnson, Jeff Holland, and Shaquem Griffin.... Hughes looks like a really good cover corner that has speed and playmaking ability! 11 pass breakups and 4 ints this season, and 3 TD's on kick off returns and plenty of yards. Not sure if any of you guys can chime in on him in our scheme, could slide due to a transfer from UNC due to a fight at a party. Wonder if he would be around in the 4th/5th rounds? Coaches rave about him as a player.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1022852&draftyear=2019&genpos=CB

Nice one, I was going to make this thread after the game! I've watched a couple of their games and he is very rarely targeted so hard to judge scheme fit.

At 5'11" he's a little under sized for us, but I remember an interview with Anthony Miller who said he was the best corner he has played against.

I wouldn't be opposed in late rounds, but his return value might lift him above where I'd feel good about taking him.
He might be too short. They want tall and long at those outside spots. I'd be surprised if they drafted a corner under 6 ft.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 1, 2018 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Nice one, I was going to make this thread after the game! I've watched a couple of their games and he is very rarely targeted so hard to judge scheme fit.

At 5'11" he's a little under sized for us, but I remember an interview with Anthony Miller who said he was the best corner he has played against.

I wouldn't be opposed in late rounds, but his return value might lift him above where I'd feel good about taking him.

Good stuff! I think I remember that Miller interview, my favorite WR in the draft, so that is a high complement. Yeah he is under 6'0 and there area a few good taller corners we may target i guess. If we got him I'd be happy, looks like a good value talent wise
This is one of the best Cornerback drafts in a while. Hughes is a stud
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This is one of the best Cornerback drafts in a while. Hughes is a stud

Is that a valid statement about the DB class?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

It appears to be deep. Less top end talent then last year, and I also Don't think it's quite as deep as last year, but you can get a good corner going into the 4th round.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

It appears to be deep. Less top end talent then last year, and I also Don't think it's quite as deep as last year, but you can get a good corner going into the 4th round.

I think it's pretty good on the top end. With Jackson and Ward. I still think Alexander is the best of the bunch. D.J. Reed and Hughes are legit. Plus you have other developers tap projects likes Meeks and McFadden who could be really good with proper coaching in the correct system.
Originally posted by Heroism:
He might be too short. They want tall and long at those outside spots. I'd be surprised if they drafted a corner under 6 ft.

Kwaun Williams is 5'9" and he played well for us. I do think our system favors bigger corners but I don't think lynch will turn his head away from shorter corners.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Kwaun Williams is 5'9" and he played well for us. I do think our system favors bigger corners but I don't think lynch will turn his head away from shorter corners.

Kwaun plays slot corner.

Kwaun plays slot corner.

I know but still. I'm sure saleh would rather have a Dre bly than a Stanley jean-baptiste.
I know but still. I'm sure saleh would rather have a Dre bly than a Stanley jean-baptiste.

I'd hope so.

I'm a big fan of guys like Mike Hughes and Jaire Alexander, but I temper my excitement because I know what the team is looking for at those outside corner spots.

I'd hope so.

I'm a big fan of guys like Mike Hughes and Jaire Alexander, but I temper my excitement because I know what the team is looking for at those outside corner spots.

Yeah we are more likely to land Tavares McFadden than Mike Hughes due to what they ask our outside corners to do. But if we draft a depth nickle Corner Reed, Hughes and Alexander should be strongly considered.

I'd hope so.

Hey Hero do you think John Lynch remembers Ronde Barber(5'10) and Brian Kelly(5'11)?
Hey Hero do you think John Lynch remembers Ronde Barber(5'10) and Brian Kelly(5'11)?

Tampa 2 requires different traits than cover 3
Share 49ersWebzone