LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

No knock on this guy but every time I see his name it makes me think of the 70's music group Oingo Boingo. For those who don't remember they appeared in Back To School where they performed Dead Man's Party. Also had some soundtrack songs in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. That being said I would not mind seeoing the Niners get this guy in a mid to late round.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No knock on this guy but every time I see his name it makes me think of the 70's music group Oingo Boingo. For those who don't remember they appeared in Back To School where they performed Dead Man's Party. Also had some soundtrack songs in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. That being said I would not mind seeoing the Niners get this guy in a mid to late round.

Dude. Weird Science!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
But what if Kaep wins his case and the CBA as we know it is null and void. Then he's the smartest man in the room.

Granted it could be years from now and they'll likely settle for an insane amount of noney

What if a half naked supermodel shows up at my front door to present me with a check for $10 million? Wouldn't that be something?

His WILL happen.

If that's your price.....

to get ran through.........

The football gods are showing me favor this week.

Do they have one more in the works? Obo PV?
Originally posted by Heroism:
The football gods are showing me favor this week.

Do they have one more in the works? Obo PV?

Man. I'm scared of PVs with guys at crucial positions like this. Think it's also the same reason Landry hasn't been brought in... Trying to keep guys under the radar.

That's why I think we're trying to sell Fitz and others like sweat etc.
Matt Miller has him down as the 20th best edge rusher of this class. Wow the disrespect is real lol
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Matt Miller has him down as the 20th best edge rusher of this class. Wow the disrespect is real lol

Nope.

Ha! Closer to the 20th best player in the class! Some people can't get over lack of size, ridiculous thing is that his arms are as long as Davenport's!

Such a huge advantage to have a low centre of gravity AND leverage
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Apr 25, 2018 at 1:16 PM ]

You think that is brutal?

13. OGBONNIA OKORONKWO, Oklahoma (6-1 ½, 248, 4.81, 3-4):

His parents came from Nigeria, too. In fact, he and Ejiofor were teammates at Houston Alief Taylor High. "He's a DPR (designated pass rusher), not an outside linebacker," one scout said. "He's certainly not big enough to be a defensive end. People want to try to compare him to a (Dwight) Freeney. No way. He doesn't have that kind of speed or twitch. If he goes higher than the fourth and somebody actually thinks he's going to be a position player, I think they're making a mistake." Regarded as the best pass rusher in the Big 12 Conference by one scout. "He's going to go high," said a second scout. "He'll be a top 100 pick. He's got juice off the corner but he's a little, little, little guy. He's not even close to (Vic) Beasley." Finished with 164 tackles (34 ½ for loss) and 21 sacks as a two-year starter. Long arms (33 ¾) for his height. "He's not as good as that little guy (Eric) Striker who didn't get drafted (in 2016) and went to Buffalo," said a third scout. "Bigger than Striker but not nearly as good of a college player." Okoronkwo replaced Striker as a starter in '16.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

13. OGBONNIA OKORONKWO, Oklahoma (6-1 ½, 248, 4.81, 3-4):

His parents came from Nigeria, too. In fact, he and Ejiofor were teammates at Houston Alief Taylor High. "He's a DPR (designated pass rusher), not an outside linebacker," one scout said. "He's certainly not big enough to be a defensive end. People want to try to compare him to a (Dwight) Freeney. No way. He doesn't have that kind of speed or twitch. If he goes higher than the fourth and somebody actually thinks he's going to be a position player, I think they're making a mistake." Regarded as the best pass rusher in the Big 12 Conference by one scout. "He's going to go high," said a second scout. "He'll be a top 100 pick. He's got juice off the corner but he's a little, little, little guy. He's not even close to (Vic) Beasley." Finished with 164 tackles (34 ½ for loss) and 21 sacks as a two-year starter. Long arms (33 ¾) for his height. "He's not as good as that little guy (Eric) Striker who didn't get drafted (in 2016) and went to Buffalo," said a third scout. "Bigger than Striker but not nearly as good of a college player." Okoronkwo replaced Striker as a starter in '16.

Wow!

Morons
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Morons

I think what it means is that the Webzone is overvaluing him. Not that he can't be a good player but it should be expected that he will be around for both the 49ers 3rd round picks.

Morons

I think what it means is that the Webzone is overvaluing him. Not that he can't be a good player but it should be expected that he will be around for both the 49ers 3rd round picks.

CBS big board has him as their 15th overall player

I think he could even hit the 4th round. Size matters big time to nfl scouts.

Morons

Well I'm doing it, I don't care about size, I don't care about "experts", kid can rush the passer, that's enough for me.
Share 49ersWebzone