LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

Originally posted by FaTaL:
Can Edmonds pass rush off the edge at a high level?

Potentially. Cause that's all he is currently is potential.
He can join the potential posse with Arik Armstead and Eli Harold.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Can Edmonds pass rush off the edge at a high level?

It seems at his height he might have the ability to pass rush a little

he hasn't really done that before, though he can certainly develop that trait if the coaching staff thinks it could work.
Originally posted by Heroism:
He can join the potential posse with Arik Armstead and Eli Harold.

Can't believe Lawrence Okoye got booted from that boy band.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just a fair warning if Edmunds the pick just put me on timeout for a few hours. Don't want to earn a longer timeout with some of the s**t I'll say.

Unless we trade down 2 risky of a pick
Originally posted by Stanley:
You think Bowman, Willis, or Sherman never got burned?

Yes, all many times. That's how they learned. But haters think an 18-19 y/o should never make mistakes.
I don't want him because his face is kinda squashed up but I'm not sure it's fair to say he'd be drafted on potential only, he has decent production.
I'd rather have Landry but he's my #2 choice. Down the road he'll be a great run stuffer to pair with Foster.
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Yes, all many times. That's how they learned. But haters think an 18-19 y/o should never make mistakes.

He's played more snaps than any of the other top LB's in this draft. Just because you happen to be one year younger doesn't make it a valid excuse. If we were talking about him being limited physically and the possibility that he develops better as he gets older, I'd be right there with you, but as it is he's played hundreds of more snaps than guys like Roquan, LVE and Evans.

His age didn't keep him from watching film or being in defensive meetings for 3 years (2 as a starter) at VT so youth doesnt really equate to inexperience in this case.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

thats obvious. wearing shirts and shorts makes a guy like him look like a future HOF. Once the live bullets come out, we'll see about him.

In hindsight I'm glad we didn't get him, especially since Reuben is good to go. Would've loved Roquan tho but McGlinchey quickly grew on me.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Josh Allen reportedly looks amazing too. The Bills rookies are killing it in non contact football.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Josh Allen reportedly looks amazing too. The Bills rookies are killing it in non contact football.

To be fair that is Chris Simms saying that and he is kind of an idiot.
Share 49ersWebzone