There are 143 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

Originally posted by Heroism:
Well, rankings are subjective. Most people prefer to use their own eyes and draw their own conclusions.

Also, those rankings are not set in stone. They are fluid and will look totally different closer to the draft.

Yes, most people prefer to use their own eyes..but still doesn't mean they've reached the correct conclusions.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here's my thoughts on the kid: Better athlete than football player. He is going to test off the charts at the combine...however, he doesn't have great football instincts, nor great football intelligence. In nearly every game I watched this year, he makes one really bad decision/mental mistake that causes a HUGE chunk play. He will collect tackles (he is a very solid tackler) and flash at times due to his incredible athleticism. However, overall, he is NOT a first round football player to me.

I pretty much feel the same way. His athleticism is exceptional and when he's making a full and fast flow reads(ie outside zone), he looks incredible running to the ball. However, during tight flow read(ie vs a dive, iso) that require playing aggressively downhill through trash, his attack steps can become inefficient, and he'll often play himself out of the window. People like to give Roquan s**t for his struggles taking on blocks and rightfully so, but Edmunds has the exact same issue despite being 6'5" 250 lbs. He's really good in man once he's got his guy, but I think he struggles with processing route combos in space and keeping his head on a swivel in coverage.

Since I respect both of you and have not had time to do any homework on him I trust your instincts. Sounds legit to take late round 2 on, but you don't draft an "athelete" top 10 when there were probably a lot of other options with the pick.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Since I respect both of you and have not had time to do any homework on him I trust your instincts. Sounds legit to take late round 2 on, but you don't draft an "athelete" top 10 when there were probably a lot of other options with the pick.

Umm. We did it with the 3rd overall last year
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Umm. We did it with the 3rd overall last year

Lol I wouldn't go that far, but I get you are saying.

People in this thread are acting like there is no room for growth with these kids. It's up to our coaching staff to get these young athletes coached up so they can reach their full potential.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Lol I wouldn't go that far, but I get you are saying.

People in this thread are acting like there is no room for growth with these kids. It's up to our coaching staff to get these young athletes coached up so they can reach their full potential.

This is true. Coaches are paid good money to teach these guys how to play in this league not just stand around for decoration.

He's going to go top 20 because of his athleticism and ability to play all three downs. He is not coming off the field. Just too rich for me.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

He's going to go top 20 because of his athleticism and ability to play all three downs. He is not coming off the field. Just too rich for me.

Latest nfl mock draft has Niners taking him at #9 saying he can play Leo

Thoughts?
Deuce from The Scouting Academy:

The good and bad of Edmunds' play. Edmunds' athletic ability is tantalizing, but he leaves something to be desired between the ears for a top ten pick.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 27, 2018 at 11:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Thoughts?

Not excited even with a trade down. We'll see after FA and combine but would rather take a CB in this scenario, Ward or Jackson. Actually would prefer Vea, Ridley, Landry or even Mata'Afa
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Thoughts?

Not excited even with a trade down. We'll see after FA and combine but would rather take a CB in this scenario, Ward or Jackson. Actually would prefer Vea, Ridley, Landry or even Mata'Afa

You would take Vea and Mata'afa @ 9?

I'm saddened to hear that Bucky Brooks is suffering from CTE.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 27, 2018 at 11:23 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Thoughts?

You would take Vea and Mata'afa @ 9?

That's crazy.
He seems like another fast riser like Solomon Thomas... I don't want us to take him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He seems like another fast riser like Solomon Thomas... I don't want us to take him.

Yeah, I'm not too sure on Edmunds.

I'm saddened to hear that Bucky Brooks is suffering from CTE.

Sounds like Edmunds is getting the Vic Beasley type of ceiling?

Haven't heard anyone say they're similar, but do you see any similarity or could see a projection of a similar type of ceiling?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 28, 2018 at 1:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone