There are 199 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

Seems like someone who would play the SAM. Would make our LB core complete. He has the physical tools for sure so i think Lynch will test him on his mental capacity and see how fast he reacts to reads
I'm just not a fan of him in the 1st round. Sure in the second but in the first I'm not buying
mock draft on NFL network projected him to niners at #9 wow who is this guy
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
mock draft on NFL network projected him to niners at #9 wow who is this guy

Yeah isn't that the mock draft that has Donte Jackson as a 1st rounder clearly watched his game tape through the radio broadcast. I do think it has some of the WZ draft crushes we were hoping would fall later in the draft Daniels, Wynn and Hughes all going in the 1st.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Seems like someone who would play the SAM. Would make our LB core complete. He has the physical tools for sure so i think Lynch will test him on his mental capacity and see how fast he reacts to reads

Yes very true. I think we can trade down pick of some extra picks and still draft this guy.
This is one of my favorite Edmunds plays. The ability to mirror and square up the QB is freaky, but what I thought was more impressive is his tackling. Being 6'5", you'd think pad level and flexibility would be a weakness, but his open-field tackling is really damn good. Breaks down, drops his knees to explode up and through the quarterback. Better tackler than Reuben.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2018 at 5:49 PM ]
Very intrigued by this kid. Looks like an ideal SAM OLB
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

His measurements sure but hasn't shown that he's capable of playing SAM.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Why waste his talent to play a relatively insignificant position that only exists in 25% of snaps? That would be an underwhelming use of his skill set. The guy shines as an off-ball LB, not edge.
He has the size and speed for sure with Foster and Smith this would be a big upgrade from last years LB crew Starter from day 1 CB is a need but we will bring in Trumaine Johnson FreeAgent and DE Ziggy Ansah

I would trade down for him. He is very athletic but raw in terms of football knowledge. Would be ideal if he developed behind Smith like Bow did in his rookie year behind Spikes. Use his athleticism on special teams, and then unleash him once saleh an co. feel like hes ready.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Jan 22, 2018 at 1:31 PM ]
#3 player on Daniel Jeremiah's big board.

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Love watching this guy play. Has just as much potential as anybody else in this draft. #3 overall may be high, but his tape isn't far off. A legit top 10 pick who may fall slightly due to lack of SEC level hype.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 530Marysville49er:
He has the size and speed for sure with Foster and Smith this would be a big upgrade from last years LB crew Starter from day 1 CB is a need but we will bring in Trumaine Johnson FreeAgent and DE Ziggy Ansah
Here's my thoughts on the kid: Better athlete than football player. He is going to test off the charts at the combine...however, he doesn't have great football instincts, nor great football intelligence. In nearly every game I watched this year, he makes one really bad decision/mental mistake that causes a HUGE chunk play. He will collect tackles (he is a very solid tackler) and flash at times due to his incredible athleticism. However, overall, he is NOT a first round football player to me.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone