LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Sony Michel RB Georgia

So this is my mid round RB want...Now I'm a college guru on breaking down a player so this info is from other site ...Maybe if and when we do a trade we could get a mid 3rd pick and draft him ...

Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Height: 5-11 Weight: 212

Michel is averaging 7.3 yards per carry in 2017 for 903 yards with 13 touchdowns. He would be a three-down starter at most schools, but Georgia has a huge stable of backs whom the coaches spread carries to. Team sources have told WalterFootball that Michel has a lot of fans in the scouting community and is receiving second-day grades. Some even prefer him over Nick Chubb because Michel has done more in the passing game as a receiver and blocker during his collegiate career.

Michel played well in 2016 while serving as the backup to Nick Chubb. On the season, Michel took 152 carries for 840 yards - 5.3-yard average - and four touchdowns. He also had 22 receptions for 149 yards.

At most schools, Michel would be a starter, but he has been Chubb's backup for the vast majority of his collegiate career. Still, Michel is a rushing threat with deceptive speed. He averaged 5.3 yards per carry in 2015 for 1,161 yards and eight touchdowns. He also had 26 receptions for 270 yards and three scores. Michel looks like he could be a mid-round steal for a NFL team

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php#ixzz50KoP3fd5
I read him getting "will be better pro than college player" reviews. Think he would be a great fit
Is this the deepest RB draft ever?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Is this the deepest RB draft ever?

Last year was pretty deep, lots of late rookie RBs doing well this year
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Last year was pretty deep, lots of late rookie RBs doing well this year

I think last years was just as deep, but the early round talent is better IMO. Depends how many of these Juniors declare
Any word if he's coming out ??? Seen a few mocks with him in tha 2ND round but players alway fall I'm hoping we can do a trade for a late 3rd round pick like we dis to get CJ ...
Is it pronounced Michael or Michelle?
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Is it pronounced Michael or Michelle?

Spelled Michael but I've heard tv guys say Michelle so I'm confused also lol
This is who I want. He's got some Alvin Kamara in him. The depth of RB in this class is also the reason why you dont take a RB with a top 5 pick.

David Johnson, Kareem Hunt, AK41, Lev Bell, Lesean Mccoy, Jordan Howard, Devonta Freeman...all taken outside the first round.
what about chubb? He was up there with fournette before his injury.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Any word if he's coming out ??? Seen a few mocks with him in tha 2ND round but players alway fall I'm hoping we can do a trade for a late 3rd round pick like we dis to get CJ ...

Senior
Nick Chubb is legit
I like the Alvin Kamara comparison. Would have shown more in college if He didn't have to share spotlight with Nick Chubb. Nice idea in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Sony sounding good!

Really smooth WR out of backfield
Isn't he a freshman
Share 49ersWebzone