LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Rashaan Evans, MLB, Alabama

Evans plays with the same reckless abandon that Reuben did(btw, 49er D coaching staff is doing a fantastic job refining Reuben's technique). Evans destroys the kick out block. Saban must be shooting these boys up with the green ooze.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Evans plays with the same reckless abandon that Reuben did(btw, 49er D coaching staff is doing a fantastic job refining Reuben's technique). Evans destroys the kick out block. Saban must be shooting these boys up with the green ooze.

Omg. At first i was like meh.. Then i was like nah the OL had 2-3 step before engagement in a PULLING movement. Great strength and balance check the boxes there. Stays aware play is still going and helps assist in the gang tackle.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM ]
Blew that motherf**ker up like he had a stick of dynamite in his pocket. I love it. If we can't get Roquan, I'll take Rashaan all day. I expect both dudes to go in the first.

Watching some Rashaan tape tonight. Rashaan can fly. Dude is a hammer in the middle of the field. He doesn't hit people, he runs through them.

This is the type of click-and-close athletic ability you want to see from your hook defenders in our defense. Even tho Rashaan is the will/backside LB, he diagnoses everything so fast that he beats Reuben to the opposite spot.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 15, 2017 at 11:57 PM ]
I've really fallen in love with the OL class this year (mostly a function of higher exposure due to need) and would be totally fine with moving all the way into the mid to late teens in the first round for Evans and a some early round picks. The possibility of having 2 1st rounders next year is huge also, with all of the talent on the DL.
If Lynch fell in love with Reuben's reckless abandon, he'll surely love Rashaan as well. This dude floors the gas pedal when he decides to go lol. Like Saleh says, "all gas, no brakes."

If Lynch fell in love with Reuben's reckless abandon, he'll surely love Rashaan as well. This dude floors the gas pedal when he decides to go lol. Like Saleh says, "all gas, no brakes."

I like him at SAM. He's raw as a rusher, and I HATE that outside spin he likes to use when he rushes from the edge, but he has good getoff, GREAT play strength, great instincts, and he closes to the ball like an assassin on speed.
I prefer him at MIKE but definitely think he can play SAM
I was just thinking about how he could play SAM, but I think that's a waste of his ability. He's too good in space to be playing force and defending the flat. He needs to be in one of the hook spots next to Reuben diagnosing plays and using his speed and athleticism to kill underneath routes and rally to the ball.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM ]
I was just thinking about how he could play SAM, but I think that's a waste of his ability. He's too good in space to be playing force and defending the flat. He needs to be in one of the hook spots next to Reuben diagnosing plays and using his speed and athleticism to kill underneath routes and rally to the ball.

Yeah seems like a good thumping MLB. I want more size/pass rushing at SAM. Example Landry.
What round is he projected

Originally posted by Allx9er:
What round is he projected

Mid 1st to early 2nd
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yeah seems like a good thumping MLB. I want more size/pass rushing at SAM. Example Landry.

How much more does Landry weigh than Evans?
There's about a 20-pound difference according to internet weights.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Just started watching the game, but he had a good rundown of the Clemson QB, Bryant. Pretty good closing speed. Almost beat Fitzpatrick to the play.
He's a legit talent. would love to have him or smith
Share 49ersWebzone