There are 256 users in the forums

Rashaan Evans, MLB, Alabama

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Phoenix, who are you rooting for at #9?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Its a shame he didnt run. Must be really slow.

I doubt that's the case. He moves pretty damn fast on the field. And even with a bad 40, he plays faster than all of the top LBs except Roquan.

Unfortunately, there's rumor that he's nursing two groin injuries. Thats not a good look for a player with durability concerns.

You knocked Jewell saying you wouldn't take him when really Jewell could be faster if not just as fast?

The thing with Jewell is that you can see he's not good space. He's plays faster than he is becsuse he's instinctive but he's not a sideline to sideline guy. Evans looks much faster on tape. I don't need his 40 to know he's faster than Jewell.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Trey Down-LB-Colorado State.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Trey Down-LB-Colorado State.

Originally posted by Dillesq:

I doubt that's the case. He moves pretty damn fast on the field. And even with a bad 40, he plays faster than all of the top LBs except Roquan.

Unfortunately, there's rumor that he's nursing two groin injuries. Thats not a good look for a player with durability concerns.

You knocked Jewell saying you wouldn't take him when really Jewell could be faster if not just as fast?

The thing with Jewell is that you can see he's not good space. He's plays faster than he is becsuse he's instinctive but he's not a sideline to sideline guy. Evans looks much faster on tape. I don't need his 40 to know he's faster than Jewell.

Gotcha. Sounds like just a better burst. So you would say Jewell has issues going sideline to sideline?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

= 4 balls / 2 d!ks ...... this dude is a #BEAST
Gotcha. Sounds like just a better burst. So you would say Jewell has issues going sideline to sideline?

In the NFL that will be his issue. I don't see him as a guy that will match up well with backs out of the backfield

In the NFL that will be his issue. I don't see him as a guy that will match up well with backs out of the backfield

The Penn State tape shows that he struggles going one-on-one versus Barkley in space. The question is whether that it is Jewell's issue, or is Barkley THAT special. I can see the argument from both sides.

Jewell's instincts are unmatched in this draft, and that is going to help him become a starter in this league.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

The Penn State tape shows that he struggles going one-on-one versus Barkley in space. The question is whether that it is Jewell's issue, or is Barkley THAT special. I can see the argument from both sides.

Jewell's instincts are unmatched in this draft, and that is going to help him become a starter in this league.

That's fair. I love his instincts. Mental processing is 1 or 2 for me when evaluating LBs. My problem is that we have David Johnson and Todd Gurley in this division. I do not want to see the aftermath of Josey guarding either of them on a wheel route or any route really.

That's fair. I love his instincts. Mental processing is 1 or 2 for me when evaluating LBs. My problem is that we have David Johnson and Todd Gurley in this division. I do not want to see the aftermath of Josey guarding either of them on a wheel route or any route really.

I like Jewell but he is a two down thumper. I don't think Jewell has the athletesism or explosveness that Lynch looks for in our linebackers.

I don't think Evans makes it to our second pick. Just too good.

He's not making it out of the first round.

If we wanted him, we'd have to trade back into the first at around 26-27 or so.

That would be a serious jump considering we are at pick 59 I believe. I'd rather just take Smith at 9.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

I like Jewell but he is a two down thumper. I don't think Jewell has the athletesism or explosveness that Lynch looks for in our linebackers.

I'd love a 2 down thumper in a worst case scenario if the value is there. Not EVERYONE needs to be a 3 down player. We can slide Tartt to LB in nickel if we need to. Colbert and Ward as safeties.

🤔

If the 49ers don't take Roquan and Evans falls to the 2nd, I could totally see them scrambling to snatch him up.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 20, 2018 at 12:32 PM ]

🤔

If the 49ers don't take Roquan and Evans falls to the 2nd, I could totally see them scrambling to snatch him up.

Our early 3rd can bring us up to 35.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

🤔

Our early 3rd can bring us up to 35.

Landry and then Evans
Share 49ersWebzone