LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

LB Shaquem Griffin UCF

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I feel MLB would be a good position.. I couldn't trust him as a SAM... Stacking and shedding in the run game.

From what I've seen he plays the run better than Jeff Holland

Interesting. Would you take him in the 3rd?
Been watching this kid the last few weeks and he is absolutely amazing! 👍

I would, but I don't think it'll be needed, so many teams won't see passed the hand. I think he might actually end up as a 6th round flier, I'd use a 5th to secure him

Dude, you're crazy, Smoke. A third?!?! This dude is literally missing a hand lol. If we're completely honest here, he'd be lucky to get drafted.

I watched him earlier today. Incredibly inspirational. He looks like a very explosive athlete.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 2, 2017 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Dude, you're crazy, Smoke. A third?!?! This dude is literally missing a hand lol. If we're completely honest here, he'd be lucky to get drafted.

I watched him earlier today. Incredibly inspirational. He looks like a very explosive athlete.

My point exactly, Hero I really do respect your opinion. Granted JPP wasn't the same player after his incident, would you still want him on your side?
Originally posted by Heroism:

• jcs
  • Veteran
Special "College" player...training camp fodder in the NFL.
Originally posted by jcs:

Not so sure. He's quite the explosive athlete. At the very least, should be able to stick to the back of a roster as a ST ace
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Not so sure. He's quite the explosive athlete. At the very least, should be able to stick to the back of a roster as a ST ace

He's going to have to fight off blocks from professional linemen typically outweighing him by over 80lb's to be successful and he's going to have to do it with just one hand...I agree if he makes it, it will be on Special Teams. You don't draft those guys high or at all.
[ Edited by jcs on Dec 3, 2017 at 5:49 PM ]
He's going to have to fight off blocks from professional linemen typically outweighing him by over 80lb's to be successful and he's going to have to do it with just one hand...I agree if he makes it, it will be on Special Teams. You don't draft those guys high or at all.

Those ones outweighing him will have to lay a glove on him, granted a hand would be more useful but he does use his arm to jab, and has done it his whole life. He also has a speed rush to spin move that can be devastating.

The only plays he can't make are those desperate shoe string or horse collar like grab tackles, that should only drop him a round off his normal projection.

I completely agree with your assessment that he will be overlooked, but I hope at least one team agrees with me, and I hope it's us.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Dec 6, 2017 at 4:54 AM ]

Bumping Shaquiem, he's a monster, big game vs Auburn on now
Griffin is all over the field! Stud, would be a great late pick up
I'd draft him and implement the new nike Captain Hook on him.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Griffin is all over the field! Stud, would be a great late pick up

Im a little behind in the DVR but I REALLY want this kid as a 49er, he is constantly generating pressure and making plays. I had him as a 7th in my mock, I think he could be a late 5th/ 6th rounder at this point. At the very worst, he will be a great ST player and inspirational leader in the locker room!
First rounder with both hands.
Share 49ersWebzone