LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

LB Shaquem Griffin UCF

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

Great piece on this kid. One handed LB and he tears it up. Played with his only hand broken last game and still teared it up.

Im guessing he will drop because of his hand but this kid could be a steal. He has been playing his whole life with only one hand so he definitely knows how to wrap up.

Anyone else paid close attention to him?
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Dec 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM ]
Awesome! I'm a rugby player and one of the drills we do to ensure proper tackling is to defend while holding tennis balls, you shouldn't use your hands to tackle unless there are no other options.

I'm on board, at the very least he'll be a special teams demon
Incredible story. I've heard about him, but I've yet to see him play.

How does he jam at the LOS without a hand? Nub technique?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Incredible story. I've heard about him, but I've yet to see him play.

How does he jam at the LOS without a hand? Nub technique?

im hearing that his open field tackling is not the best but he can jam, rush the passer, and is one of the best coverage LBs. Might be a good fit at WILL and start off backing up Malcolm Smith next year
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Awesome! I'm a rugby player and one of the drills we do to ensure proper tackling is to defend while holding tennis balls, you shouldn't use your hands to tackle unless there are no other options.

I'm on board, at the very least he'll be a special teams demon

thats what im thinking. At worst, he is a pro bowl STer.

If this kid hand 2 hands, he would be a 1st rounder. Check out his style of play. He is relentless and fierce.
Kid has another sack today...love seeing stuff like that!
I've undersold him, I genuinely think he has a chance to play SAM, he's better than Eli Harold
Anyone see him block that kick on the delay of game? Kid is explosive
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Dec 2, 2017 at 3:20 PM ]
Think he got the pressure at the end to force the pick.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Think he got the pressure at the end to force the pick.

He did, but that was unblocked (for reasons I will never understand)

Thanks for sharing that's an incredible story and you can guarantee he will give 100% to any team that gives him a shot!
I feel MLB would be a good position.. I couldn't trust him as a SAM... Stacking and shedding in the run game.
Brother of Shaquill Griffin, DB drafted by the Seahawks, and liked by a few members on this board during last draft season. I see a late first early 2nd rd talent, only missing a hand probably drops him an entire round.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Brother of Shaquill Griffin, DB drafted by the Seahawks, and liked by a few members on this board during last draft season. I see a late first early 2nd rd talent, only missing a hand probably drops him an entire round.

I think it drops him a lot more and I think many teams will regret it. I reckon 5th round earliest and I think it's a mistake, hope we're the ones to pull the trigger
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I feel MLB would be a good position.. I couldn't trust him as a SAM... Stacking and shedding in the run game.

From what I've seen he plays the run better than Jeff Holland.

Look at it like when Patrick Willis played with a club or JPP after his Armageddon firecracker enactment. Those guys could still play, and Griffen has grown up with it and built his game around it, kid is talented, and also the 3rd down rusher we've been crying out for
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Dec 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone