LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

USC VS STAN... Who to keep an eye on?

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This is where Darnold can cement is top of the 1st round status. Just keep the team on the field until the clock runs out. Might need to convert a first down with his arm

And there it is

Done deal. What... 340 yards give or take. Only saw 1 bad throw he was lucky it wasn't picked and one so-so throw that resulted in a TD right after that lol.

Michael Pittman clearly IMO was a BIG part of the game. Boy gon' get drafted next two years(Sophmore).
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Justin Reid just cost himself a couple of rounds! Terrible play on the ball

Reid cost Stanford this game, he gave up at least 3 catches over 40 yards in crucial moments; 3rd downs, ball inside opponent 5 yard line, etc.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
This is where Darnold can cement is top of the 1st round status. Just keep the team on the field until the clock runs out. Might need to convert a first down with his arm

Hes low key ballin bro.. Hes GOTTA come out.

16/23 with 2 TDs.. 310 yards. Cmon now. Hes ready. He can work on his skills FULL time in the pros.

Staying another year is BS to me IMO. NFL will get your ass ready if youre cut out of the right cloth.

Agreed man. Imo, if you're projected as a top pick, especially possibly #1 overall, it's idiotic to pass on that. And I don't buy the guys saying he needs to stay in school to "develop". WTF he can't or won't develop in the NFL? LOL
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Hes low key ballin bro.. Hes GOTTA come out.

16/23 with 2 TDs.. 310 yards. Cmon now. Hes ready. He can work on his skills FULL time in the pros.

Staying another year is BS to me IMO. NFL will get your ass ready if youre cut out of the right cloth.

Agreed man. Imo, if you're projected as a top pick, especially possibly #1 overall, it's idiotic to pass on that. And I don't buy the guys saying he needs to stay in school to "develop". WTF he can't or won't develop in the NFL? LOL

Leinart is the PERFECT example. Hope Matt is a guy that says dont be me bro...
A worthy Pac 12 Championship game...beyond Darnold, Love, Jones, et al, here are some guys who impressed me tonight.

Harrison Phillips, DT. Dude is exceptionally strong and virtually unmoveable in the middle of Stanford's defense. They say he might set the all-time bench-press record at the Combine.

Michael Pittman, WR. He's really come on late in the season and had quite a game tonight. He gets open, catches the ball, then is an effective YAC guy. One to watch.

Caden Smith, TE. Very impressed with how he goes up and gets the ball...has good hands, good size and should be a coveted TE in the draft.

Cameron Smith, LB. Dude just makes plays all over the field. Seems to be a clutch player good against the run and pass.

Orsego-Whiteside. Tall, rangy WR, who like Caden can go get the ball. I'd think Jimmy would love throwing to him (and Caden Smith).
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
A worthy Pac 12 Championship game...beyond Darnold, Love, Jones, et al, here are some guys who impressed me tonight.

Harrison Phillips, DT. Dude is exceptionally strong and virtually unmoveable in the middle of Stanford's defense. They say he might set the all-time bench-press record at the Combine.

Michael Pittman, WR. He's really come on late in the season and had quite a game tonight. He gets open, catches the ball, then is an effective YAC guy. One to watch.

Caden Smith, TE. Very impressed with how he goes up and gets the ball...has good hands, good size and should be a coveted TE in the draft.

Cameron Smith, LB. Dude just makes plays all over the field. Seems to be a clutch player good against the run and pass.

Orsego-Whiteside. Tall, rangy WR, who like Caden can go get the ball. I'd think Jimmy would love throwing to him (and Caden Smith).

Phillips also makes a ton of plays in the backfield. Could definitely play in Earl Mitchell's spot on the DL.
I like Phillips but don't want to invest draft capital in a DT1T this year with having drafted DJ Jones last year. Plus, next year is literally the year of the DT in the draft so if we leverage our 1st pick this year into an extra first next year, we can maybe end up with a Demarcus Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, etc.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 1, 2017 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I like Phillips but don't want to invest draft capital in a DT1T this year with having drafted DJ Jones last year. Plus, next year is literally the year of the DT in the draft so if we leverage our 1st pick this year into an extra first next year, we can maybe end up with a Demarcus Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, etc.

They'll all be gone by pick 32!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone