LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

If we spend another high 1st-round pick on a DL, I will be...

If we spend another high 1st-round pick on a DL, I will be...

Now that we're unlikely to take a QB with our (probable) Top 3 pick, we can go in a lot of different directions. Lord knows we need help all over the roster. But is another D-Lineman in the 1st out of the question?

I'm high on Bradley Chubb, DE from NC State. Think he'd be a perfect fit as our weakside End. Arden Key's a heckuva prospect as well. But going back-to-back-to-back-to-back is a lot to invest in just one unit (granted, AA is not part of the long-term future imo).

What does the WZ brain trust think?
Need Edge Rushers only
Chubb or Landry would be great for the pass rush. I prefer a trade down and Landry, but wouldn't be mad if they landed Chubb. I think everyone wants a trade down right now as there is no clear top player worth that pick right now. A lot depends on free agency as well though.
Chubb or nothing. Chubb will dominate for years to come.
Chubb would be great but not sure what that means for Thomas.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Chubb would be great but not sure what that means for Thomas.

Nothing. Chubb would play Leo and it would allow us to play Thomas where he should at big end or 3T.

And as for the poll, drafting BPA is the smart way to go. That was the case last year and it should remain that way.
only if its a true LEO
Well if it's an edge rusher i don't see a problem.
If there is an edge rusher worth drafting in the top 3 I'm OK with it.
A true edge rusher would make Buckner and Thomas better as well. Buckner would be converting a lot of his pressures into sacks if the QB had to step up in the pocket more.
One stud pass rusher makes the whole D better.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
only if its a true LEO

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Well if it's an edge rusher i don't see a problem.

Originally posted by dlance:
If there is an edge rusher worth drafting in the top 3 I'm OK with it.

I think that's the consensus!
They're gonna have to fill some holes thru free agency. And LEO is our only need that we have no chance of filling thru we agency. There are good receivers though and good interior linemen. Some good DBs as well. Already got our QBs obviously .
Niners need a speedy OLB/pass rusher like Aldon Smith before he lost his mind. If Chubb proves to be that guy by showing some amazing athleticism at the Combine, then so be it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Niners need a speedy OLB/pass rusher like Aldon Smith before he lost his mind. If Chubb proves to be that guy by showing some amazing athleticism at the Combine, then so be it.

Chubb is a beast but he doesn't look quick for an edge. Maybe it just looks like that on tape. Curious on what his 40 time is
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Chubb is a beast but he doesn't look quick for an edge. Maybe it just looks like that on tape. Curious on what his 40 time is

Chubb or Gurly? Who's better?
Share 49ersWebzone