LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm gonna say no to Guice. I don't think he fits what we are looking for and he won't be in range for us to draft with any value. No way we take him at 9 or 10. Can he even catch the ball? I feel like we should be looking at Sony Michel or Ronald Jones type players for our lead back or wait for Tevin Coleman. Guice has talent but not sure he's a good fit.

He's a great fit. Dude has power, vision, is fast, with great feet/balance.....can rock in a ZBS IMO. He's not dancing around looking for a hole.

As far as pass catching, he wasn't asked to catch the ball at LSU, but he had no issue doing it.

I don't want to draft him at 9/10 either, but if we want to trade down and get more picks I'm all for it.

Jones and mitchel will be long gone before our 2nd rd pick...I'd rather get more picks and Guice then have to give up picks for jones/Michel.

As far a Coleman, you think kyle is gonna pay for him? Why do we have sign/pay for all of his players from other teams? Let's get our own squad.

Yeah definitely trade down or bust candidate in.... Our opinion NY? ..
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
fun fact....9 out of the top 10 teams in rushing were in the playoffs this yr

Haha you sound like the guys your were debating last year . Guice is the man but there's gonna be some nice lookin players when it's our turn to pick. Is he your guy for the first round?

We arent the same team as last yr imo. I also think there's a difference from drafting a RB at two vs say the mid 1st. (I wouldn't take him at 9/10)

As far as if he's my guy, there has to be a lot done in FA first and I'm seeing it as a trade down scenario.

If we can get Ziggy, Fuller, and a center in FA then trade down with say zona for a 2nd I'm all for grabbing Guice.

Derrius Guice, 2 2nds and 2 3rds , plus a lot of flexibility because we got starters in FA would be pretty good IMO.

Yea for sure different than last year. For me though, too many juicy picks at 9 or 10. I wouldn't be able to trade down for a rb, especially since everyone is saying it's a class as stacked as last years. I gotta do some research there, haven't really paid much attention to RBs.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 18, 2018 at 12:48 AM ]
top 2 backs from last year were 3rd picks, coupled with the Shanahan history I see no way we go RB in the first rd unless Barkley falls in our laps.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Yea for sure different than last year. For me though, too many juicy picks at 9 or 10. I wouldn't be able to trade down for a rb, especially since everyone is saying it's a class as stacked as last years. I gotta do some research there, haven't really paid much attention to RBs.

Yeah it's just a scenario, doubt if happens. I will say right around our pick things start to fall. We could just miss out on a top end prospect. I think there's a top of good prospects in the 2nd rd and would love to have a chance at getting a top end RB talent and have 4 more picks in the top 100.

We will see!
Originally posted by babarvaart:
top 2 backs from last year were 3rd picks, coupled with the Shanahan history I see no way we go RB in the first rd unless Barkley falls in our laps.

So you're kinda contradicting yourself there...we won't draft a RB early because BUT we will draft Barkley in the 1st because
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 18, 2018 at 7:15 AM ]

Get'em both in red and gold
So you're kinda contradicting yourself there...we won't draft a RB early because BUT we will draft Barkley in the 1st because

If they see him as an all pro that's light years ahead of everyone else than it's a possibility. This Guice chap sounds good but not at that level.
Originally posted by babarvaart:

If they see him as an all pro that's light years ahead of everyone else than it's a possibility. This Guice chap sounds good but not at that level.

Some analysts say Guice is a better pure rb then Barkley...he hasn't had the opportunity like Barkley has as far as pass catching goes. Guice was a 5 Star recruit and was the 2nd overall RB in the nation coming out of HS. Dude has the chops to be an elite RB.

I think Barkley is the better overall RB prospect, but I really like Guice's running style for SF.

We will see
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 18, 2018 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Who doesn't want that on their team

Barkley will be mid 4.3's at 230!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

This. The size and speed difference is a big difference but the biggest difference is Barkley's receiving ability.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 18, 2018 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

This. The size and speed difference is a big difference but the biggest difference is Barkley's receiving ability.

and Barkley will be drafted in the top 5 for good reason. I don't think there's anyone that thinks Guice is a overall better prospect then Barkley BUT he's a really really good RB. Zeke ran a 4.47 at 225. Guice will be in that range for sure. Todd Gurley and Devonta Freeman didn't catch a ton of balls in college and turned out fine.

I'll take some extra picks and Guice all day baby!

love that vision

Share 49ersWebzone