LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. This guy is overrated in the same mold Mixon was last year. All last offseason i heard about how much better Guice was than Fournette. How Fournette wasnt even the best RB on the roster....LOL.

Guice is not even close to as good a prospect as Barkley, nor is he as good a fit for the system. Once again, Barkley is the best RB to come out since LT.

Neither will be 49ers.

What's overrated about his game? Just curious....I don't think there's a single person that doesn't think Barkley is the better RB. Dude is a beast without question

Guice seems to have good lateral quickness and burst through the holes, there's no dancing or hesitation....aren't those positives for our scheme?

He is being compared to Frank Gore...

Like seriously. "A young Frank Gore". lol.

People are also basically saying he and Barkley are essentially 1a and 1b as far as prospects are concerned. I highly disagree, Like i said, i think Barkley is the best RB prospect since LT. Guice Isn't even a better prospect than Fournette.

I like him, but i think he is highly overrated and not even close to the same level of a prospect as Barkley is my point.
Originally posted by evil:
The answer lies within "when it makes sense for your team".

Did it make sense to take a RB like Fournette when we had glaring holes at multiple critical positions? No.

Exactly how I felt last year. This time around I feel different. Address o-line and other areas logically in FA. Now I don't mind if we draft a RB with our first.

I wouldn't mind a trade down and snagging Guice or Ridley etc.

If by some chance Barkley falls to us I don't see how you don't take him unless someone throws a ton of picks at us in a trade.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is being compared to Frank Gore...

Like seriously. "A young Frank Gore". lol.

People are also basically saying he and Barkley are essentially 1a and 1b as far as prospects are concerned. I highly disagree, Like i said, i think Barkley is the best RB prospect since LT. Guice Isn't even a better prospect than Fournette.

I like him, but i think he is highly overrated and not even close to the same level of a prospect as Barkley is my point.

That's fair, I don't think he's better than Barkley and no one is gonna draft him ahead of him.

I think Guice is a damn good RB though, I also think he's just as good as Fournette was coming out of college. I'd take Guice at 20 over Fournette at 4.

I can see the similarities with gore, great pad-level and vision, always moving forward, and no lost movement. I've also seen LT and lynch brought up as comps.

I'd have no issue taking him if we traded down a couple spots.

Too each their own

Did it make sense to take a RB like Fournette when we had glaring holes at multiple critical positions? No.

With $100 million in cap space and if we get s**t taken care of why not?

Also imo it would be a trade down scenario, I'd take Guice at 15 (and a extra 2nd) over Fournette at 3 all day.

Gotta keep up with the jones, zona has DJ and the Rams have gurley.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 12, 2018 at 4:21 AM ]

Also imo it would be a trade down scenario, I'd take Guice at 15 (and a extra 2nd) over Fournette at 3 all day.

Yup. Nothing wrong with your thinking. A premiere back would really transform the offense.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Guice is a monster. The only reason he's not getting as hyped as Barkley is that he's been dealing with a nagging injury all season, but he's every bit the beast that Barkley is. I like that, unlike Barkley, Guice will run through somebody's face.

Daniel Jeremiah is adamant that he sees a young Frank Gore in Guice.

I see Chubb as a Frank Gore Clone. As for Guice, he'd be nice to have but he doesn't seem like a guy you can give 15-20 carries per game and hold up. Or pound it to run out the clock. He seems to ahve the same skill set as Breida (albeit a better skillset)
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Guice is a monster. The only reason he's not getting as hyped as Barkley is that he's been dealing with a nagging injury all season, but he's every bit the beast that Barkley is. I like that, unlike Barkley, Guice will run through somebody's face.

Daniel Jeremiah is adamant that he sees a young Frank Gore in Guice.

I see Chubb as a Frank Gore Clone. As for Guice, he'd be nice to have but he doesn't seem like a guy you can give 15-20 carries per game and hold up. Or pound it to run out the clock. He seems to ahve the same skill set as Breida (albeit a better skillset)

Dude are you even thinking about the same guy? Guice is 5-11 220 hammer...he's explosive and most certainly someone who get's 15+ carries a game.

Yeah, not sure where you're going there, Guice is the real deal as a runner. Kid squats 650 pounds! He can handle a few carries!!!

It's the new age now at RB, there used to be guys that pounded the rock, then scat backs, these kids are such freakish athletes that they can do both. IMO one of those is worth any spot in the draft, I have my reservations about Guice's ability in the passing game (routes, catching and protection) so for me I don't think he's worth a mid 1st round pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I hear what you are saying but IMHO we will not get all of our s**t taken care of, at least not permanently. Some holes may be filled by guys who are not the long term answer. I also do not believe we spend all of that cap space as we will likely keep some toward future extensions for guys currently on out roster.

I would love Guice, and I believe he could be a heckuva back in this scheme. Would not be mad at all but I just do not see that happening. If we did land him, I would be left deciding whether to get the kids jersey in red or white

Translation: I haven't watched a single Guice game.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM ]

I hear what you are saying but IMHO we will not get all of our s**t taken care of, at least not permanently. Some holes may be filled by guys who are not the long term answer. I also do not believe we spend all of that cap space as we will likely keep some toward future extensions for guys currently on out roster.

I would love Guice, and I believe he could be a heckuva back in this scheme. Would not be mad at all but I just do not see that happening. If we did land him, I would be left deciding whether to get the kids jersey in red or white

Oh I agree no way we get everything setup after FA, it's a multi-yr rebuild. I could see a situation if we trade down and acquire Guice (at some pt BPA matters lol).

Guice, then two 2nds, and 2 3rds could be huge imo.

Again I have no idea how you get breida out of this lol

That is definitely Breida...after the complete Drago enhancement.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 12, 2018 at 10:33 AM ]
Again, i like the kid. But he is not a top 10 pick.

on a trade back, sure.
Again I have no idea how you get breida out of this lol

Really glad they did a slow mo of him truck sticking a kicker....Guice is really good but I'm hoping that's not impressing anyone unless it's Pat Mcafee.
Share 49ersWebzone