LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
My real question is where does he land. I was thinking Seattle, but they need line help as others have pointed out. My suspicion is he may be drafted far sooner than we are currently thinking. I think he is a legit every down back. I mean hell he could go to GB at 14 for all we know.

nah GB has two good young backs. That defense needs some help.

I would say the Lions/Seattle make a ton of sense. Man I'm looking at the draft and a lot of teams have RBs outside of the top 10

Man would I love a trade down and be able to land Guice and a top end OG/CB
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I like Scott when he isn't on the Sauce, but if its true he would draft Guice over Barkley, he is back on that sauce hard. This is a case of getting cute for the sake of it.

Some had Lynch over AP. It doesn't make either pick bad.

Before his injury plagued year when McC made that comment Guice looked better than a top 5 pick Fournette.

He never looked better than Fournette or Barkley. A bunch of fans looked up his yards per carry and convinced themselves he was better than Fournette even though Fournette got almost all the work against the better teams on LSU's schedule that year so Guice's YPC was massively inflated. LSU started a banged up Fournette against Alabama, because an injured Fournette was still better than a healthy Guice.

Still a heck of a RB and will likely be a first round pick, but he was overhyped by people who only looked at one stat last year and thought he was as good as Fournette.

Exactly. ^^
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
My real question is where does he land. I was thinking Seattle, but they need line help as others have pointed out. My suspicion is he may be drafted far sooner than we are currently thinking. I think he is a legit every down back. I mean hell he could go to GB at 14 for all we know.

Really good player. Really low value at the RB position. So I'll say between rounds 1-2

20-32 is where he will land.
Some people are putting WAY to much into Scotty said...You think NFL front office's are rearranging their draft boards over what one 3rd party scout said? Teams hire him because it's impossible to thoroughly scout every eligible player on your own. They are not hiring a 3rd party scouting service to make their first round pick for them.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I would say the Lions/Seattle make a ton of sense. Man I'm looking at the draft and a lot of teams have RBs outside of the top 10

THAT would be fantastic!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

THAT would be fantastic!

I would prefer dropping back a bit, snagging Derwin James, then with the extra second, Grab Hercules and Walton.
I would prefer dropping back a bit, snagging Derwin James, then with the extra second, Grab Hercules and Walton.

Yeah we're fine at safety brah. Colbert has done nothing to say he can't be a very good starter and Tartt was a top end SS. I'd even think about keeping Reid if the price is right.

I don't see Hercules going in the 2nd...love me some Walton though. Guice is still better imo

Yeah we're fine at safety brah. Colbert has done nothing to say he can't be a very good starter and Tartt was a top end SS. I'd even think about keeping Reid if the price is right.

I don't see Hercules going in the 2nd...love me some Walton though. Guice is still better imo

I disagree 100% on safety obviously, i think it is a pretty big need now, but we will leave that for another thread.

I think Hercules has a shot to go in the late first, but will go second round at the latest.

I actually like the tape of Walton much more than Guice, but he obviously has less tape and the ankle injury.

I disagree 100% on safety obviously, i think it is a pretty big need now, but we will leave that for another thread.

I think Hercules has a shot to go in the late first, but will go second round at the latest.

I actually like the tape of Walton much more than Guice, but he obviously has less tape and the ankle injury.

How cam safety be a big need when Tarrt was rated 3rd best SS by PFF and Colbert had a nice season stepping up? We have one of the better overall safety units in the entire NFL
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dillesq:

How cam safety be a big need when Tarrt was rated 3rd best SS by PFF and Colbert had a nice season stepping up? We have one of the better overall safety units in the entire NFL

Need depth there, but not something we probably use a pick in the first 3 rounds on. FA or a mid round guy in the draft.

Originally posted by Dillesq:

That PFF rating is a joke dude. No one, not even homers on this board believe Tartt is the #3 ranked SS in the league lol.

S is a need because come free agency we will likely only have two on the roster, one of which only has one year left on his deal.

Many would argue that Cam Chancelor, and Earl Thomas were the key to the dominance of Seattles recent defensive runs. I believe a guy like Derwin James could come in and make a huge impact, and im personally not very high on Tartt. I think he is a middle of the pack SS.

But we are getting off topic. We can talk more in Niner talk threads if you wish, i have made my opinion well known there.

So we basically don't agree on anything ever lol...all good, I have no idea how safety is a top need but whatever your take. Back to my boy Guice
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 9, 2018 at 6:45 PM ]
That PFF rating is a joke dude. No one, not even homers on this board believe Tartt is the #3 ranked SS in the league lol.

S is a need because come free agency we will likely only have two on the roster, one of which only has one year left on his deal.

Many would argue that Cam Chancelor, and Earl Thomas were the key to the dominance of Seattles recent defensive runs. I believe a guy like Derwin James could come in and make a huge impact, and im personally not very high on Tartt. I think he is a middle of the pack SS.

But we are getting off topic. We can talk more in Niner talk threads if you wish, i have made my opinion well known there.

Sorry explain how Tartt had a poor season and should be replaced? Everyone has stated he had a breakout season regardless on PFF rankings...he's someone that can be extended and they seem to like him enough to stick Reid at LBer.

Colbert showed he should be competing for the starting gig with Ward. We need some depth but have a ton of youth at safety. Grab a backup safety in FA and we're fine
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 9, 2018 at 7:12 PM ]

So we basically don't agree on anything ever lol...all good, I have no idea how safety is a top need but whatever your take. Back to my boy Guice

Once in a blue moon we agree. However rarely in the draft forum it seems.
Once in a blue moon we agree. However rarely in the draft forum it seems.

Is what it is lol, would be lame in here if everyone agreed on everything
Share 49ersWebzone