There are 244 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I think scot is right

I like Scott when he isn't on the Sauce, but if its true he would draft Guice over Barkley, he is back on that sauce hard. This is a case of getting cute for the sake of it.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 8, 2018 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I like Scott when he isn't on the Sauce, but if its true he would draft Guice over Barkley, he is back on that sauce hard. This is a case of getting cute for the sake of it.

Some had Lynch over AP. It doesn't make either pick bad.

Before his injury plagued year when McC made that comment Guice looked better than a top 5 pick Fournette.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Before his injury plagued year when McC made that comment Guice looked better than a top 5 pick Fournette.

He never looked better than Fournette or Barkley. A bunch of fans looked up his yards per carry and convinced themselves he was better than Fournette even though Fournette got almost all the work against the better teams on LSU's schedule that year so Guice's YPC was massively inflated. LSU started a banged up Fournette against Alabama, because an injured Fournette was still better than a healthy Guice.

Still a heck of a RB and will likely be a first round pick, but he was overhyped by people who only looked at one stat last year and thought he was as good as Fournette.
Or Scot said that to hopefully have Barkley fall to 4 and not have a team jump them
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Or Scot said that to hopefully have Barkley fall to 4 and not have a team jump them

This. I don't know anyone who doesn't love both Barkley and Guice. And who doesn't think Barkley isn't the better prospect lol
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I think scot is right

oh no you didn't
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
He never looked better than Fournette or Barkley. A bunch of fans looked up his yards per carry and convinced themselves he was better than Fournette even though Fournette got almost all the work against the better teams on LSU's schedule that year so Guice's YPC was massively inflated. LSU started a banged up Fournette against Alabama, because an injured Fournette was still better than a healthy Guice.

Still a heck of a RB and will likely be a first round pick, but he was overhyped by people who only looked at one stat last year and thought he was as good as Fournette.

no a bunch of fans watched the games
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This. I don't know anyone who doesn't love both Barkley and Guice. And who doesn't think Barkley isn't the better prospect lol

He stated that back before he was helping the Browns.... some scouts just like a certain style of player. He drafted Gore, when he was in Seattle that first yr they traded for Lynch, he drafted Matt Jones in DC etc.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Ain't nothin but a G-Thang : Draft Guice and Gallup to go with Garcon, Goodwin, George, Garrett and Garoppolo.

Originally posted by evil:
Ain't nothin but a G-Thang : Draft Guice and Gallup to go with Garcon, Goodwin, George, Garrett and Garoppolo.

Wow looks like a possible first round pick now. I really like this kid. If we could move down from 9 and get some extra picks, I really like him and Isiah Wynn as late 1st/early 2nd rd targets...
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Wow looks like a possible first round pick now. I really like this kid. If we could move down from 9 and get some extra picks, I really like him and Isiah Wynn as late 1st/early 2nd rd targets...

Sounds like my mock
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I was thinking it kind of reminded me of the Ricky Williams/Edgerrin James draft
My real question is where does he land. I was thinking Seattle, but they need line help as others have pointed out. My suspicion is he may be drafted far sooner than we are currently thinking. I think he is a legit every down back. I mean hell he could go to GB at 14 for all we know.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
My real question is where does he land. I was thinking Seattle, but they need line help as others have pointed out. My suspicion is he may be drafted far sooner than we are currently thinking. I think he is a legit every down back. I mean hell he could go to GB at 14 for all we know.

Really good player. Really low value at the RB position. So I'll say between rounds 1-2
Share 49ersWebzone