LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
and Barkley will be drafted in the top 5 for good reason. I don't think there's anyone that thinks Guice is a overall better prospect then Barkley BUT he's a really really good RB. Zeke ran a 4.47 at 225. Guice will be in that range for sure. Todd Gurley and Devonta Freeman didn't catch a ton of balls in college and turned out fine.

I'll take some extra picks and Guice all day baby!

love that vision

That play doesn't exemplify great vision to me. The defender who got into his face up the middle was the one that caused him to bounce it out. It was more of a reflex than great vision. What allowed him to take it all the way out was the DB's lack of discipline. Most RB's make this play.

Don't see any second block. Defender on the right simply overplayed. If anything, he shouldn't have danced at the 30 yardline downfield and should have went turbo boost off the hip of the WR that was blocking. He would have still gotten tackled but it would have been for 7 more yards or possibly more if he slips the FS's tackle.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 19, 2018 at 9:29 AM ]
I don't think anyone is banking on Joe Williams at all right now. Why would we?

I think Guice will be a legit top 15 pick come draft day and if we did draft him at 9-10 I wouldn't complain at all. He's climbing up my crush list lol Either way I think we will have a tough decision when we pick because a few guys we all like will be there. Oddly enough I feel the Raiders are looking at the same players we are!

I know the whole Shanahan's don't draft a round one back etc, but this is technically Kyle's second draft where his opinion matters.

Don't forget he fought for Williams. What if he feels this strongly about Guice? What if Barkley falls to us? (Now that would be a huge test of this don't draft RB high philosophy lol)

My tune has changed from last year and Fournette, because of three things:

1. We have Garoppolo!

2. I don't see a Julio Jones #1 elite WR in this draft.

3. I DO see some really stud running backs like Barkley and Guice.(throw in a few more really good ones end of round 1 and round 2)

These are guys that could take our offense to the next level. IMO that would be the best thing we could do for Garoppolo in this case: Solidify the o-line and since I assume Barkley is long gone by the time we pick I would take this kid in a heart beat. Only other guy I like just as much/better right now is Smith to help the defense.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I think you're underestimating how good LSU line has been. 2017 they had a center drafted early by the seahawaks, 2016 they had a tackle and guard drafted. They were opening gaping holes for LF and Guice.Not sure how his line was this year, figured there was a drop off. I know they had a guard that was pretty good.

I said this yr ....their OL was poo this yr. I'd take that Utah OL from last yr any day of the week vs LSU's OL this yr.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Don't see any second block. Defender on the right simply overplayed. If anything, he shouldn't have danced at the 30 yardline downfield and should have went turbo boost off the hip of the WR that was blocking. He would have still gotten tackled but it would have been for 7 more yards or possibly more if he slips the FS's tackle.

I'm referring to the first clip with the 2nd block. Oh he does plenty of turbo boost through players and use his blocks

Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'd rather move up for Michel in the 2nd

so you'd rather give up draft picks for Mitchel then get MORE draft picks and get Guice

Guice plus 2 2nd rd picks >>>>> Michel and giving up our 3rd & 6th

Do you have insider info on us being able to trade down because it's easier said than done. You can always move up for the right price.
Do you have insider info on us being able to trade down because it's easier said than done. You can always move up for the right price.

Look at the teams below us and what they need QB/CB/OT/EDGE if anyone needs that why can't we move down? iMo there will be a top end prospect at one of those positions.

I mean for example, there are 6 teams below us that need a qb. What happens if Mayfield is sitting there and DC wants him? Reports are the phins will be looking at QB upgrades and he wants to go there. s**t zona doesn't even have a QB on the roster currently.

Trading down can be just as easy as moving up depending who's on the board. Hell we did it last yr, all about perception.

Regardless I'd rather take Guice at 10 (depending who's on the board) vs giving up multiple picks to move back up into the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd for mitchel.

Too each their own
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2018 at 10:35 AM ]
I think you're underestimating how good LSU line has been. 2017 they had a center drafted early by the seahawaks, 2016 they had a tackle and guard drafted. They were opening gaping holes for LF and Guice.Not sure how his line was this year, figured there was a drop off. I know they had a guard that was pretty good.

I said this yr ....their OL was poo this yr. I'd take that Utah OL from last yr any day of the week vs LSU's OL this yr.

Yea I know you said this year. You say Williams ran through gaping holes and had a beast o line.. but so did Guice in his first two years lol. Plus you're posting clips from all years of his play so we gotta acknowledge it.

Don't want this twisted into Guice vs Williams. I'd take Guice over Williams obviously.

About Williams, I'm sure what Kyle did was disregard the runs where Williams had easy runs and just paid attention to the beast runs. It's silly to just write him off any rb just because they had a good line lol
Yea I know you said this year. You say Williams ran through gaping holes and had a beast o line.. but so did Guice in his first two years lol. Plus you're posting clips from all years of his play so we gotta acknowledge it.

Don't want this twisted into Guice vs Williams. I'd take Guice over Williams obviously.

About Williams, I'm sure what Kyle did was disregard the runs where Williams had easy runs and just paid attention to the beast runs. It's silly to just write him off any rb just because they had a good line lol

LSU had one OL get drafted last yr.... Utah had 4 Guice barely even played his freshman year. (freshman yr had only 50 attempts at 8.5 ypc, Founette had 300 atetmpts for 6.5 ypc).

I'm not writing him off, I'm saying his a 4th rd pick (which most people thought was an overdraft) I don't expect him to be the next Kareem Hunt our whatever. IF we get some good production out of him I'm all for it. OL helps everyone, I prefer to see RBs that can make something out of nothing.

It's highly unlikely Guice comes here, but I'll tell you what I sure as s**t don't want to see this guy up in Seattle for the next 5+ years.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2018 at 11:33 AM ]
LSU had one OL get drafted last yr.... Utah had 4 Guice barely even played his freshman year. (freshman yr had only 50 attempts at 8.5 ypc, Founette had 300 atetmpts for 6.5 ypc).

I'm not writing him off, I'm saying his a 4th rd pick (which most people thought was an overdraft) I don't expect him to be the next Kareem Hunt our whatever. IF we get some good production out of him I'm all for it. OL helps everyone, I prefer to see RBs that can make something out of nothing.

It's highly unlikely Guice comes here, but I'll tell you what I sure as s**t don't want to see this guy up in Seattle for the next 5+ years.

Anybody can clearly see how dominant LSUs line was in 2016. Idk what else to say really. If you don't wanna acknowledge how good LSUs line was in previous years but wanna s**t on another player you don't like because he had a good line then that's fine bro. Guice is a beast regardless of how good his line was in previous years.

Williams was overdrafted according to most people, but if Shanny picks an offensive player and envisions that guy in his offense then it isn't an overdraft. He's seen every play from Williams in college and like what he saw but my guy ny niner said "naw he had pros on his o line, don't want"
Look at the teams below us and what they need QB/CB/OT/EDGE if anyone needs that why can't we move down? iMo there will be a top end prospect at one of those positions.

I mean for example, there are 6 teams below us that need a qb. What happens if Mayfield is sitting there and DC wants him? Reports are the phins will be looking at QB upgrades and he wants to go there. s**t zona doesn't even have a QB on the roster currently.

Trading down can be just as easy as moving up depending who's on the board. Hell we did it last yr, all about perception.

Regardless I'd rather take Guice at 10 (depending who's on the board) vs giving up multiple picks to move back up into the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd for mitchel.

Too each their own

Hey I'm ALL for trading down if a good option presents itself but it's difficult imo. I have to disagree though on taking Guice at 10 versus moving back up into the top of the 2nd for Michel. Roquan Smith or Josh Jackson have too much elite potential in that scenario for me.

Hey I'm ALL for trading down if a good option presents itself but it's difficult imo. I have to disagree though on taking Guice at 10 versus moving back up into the top of the 2nd for Michel. Roquan Smith or Josh Jackson have too much elite potential in that scenario for me.

I'd take smith over him for sure, just like I would've taken Willis over AP any day.
Anybody can clearly see how dominant LSUs line was in 2016. Idk what else to say really. If you don't wanna acknowledge how good LSUs line was in previous years but wanna s**t on another player you don't like because he had a good line then that's fine bro. Guice is a beast regardless of how good his line was in previous years.

Williams was overdrafted according to most people, but if Shanny picks an offensive player and envisions that guy in his offense then it isn't an overdraft. He's seen every play from Williams in college and like what he saw but my guy ny niner said "naw he had pros on his o line, don't want"

I'm not s**tting on anyone... relax my man. Just stating facts, they had one guy get drafted this past yr, while Utah had 4. I'm not making it up. LSU always as great talent but that OL at Utah was no joke. IF you want to think it was all Joe Williams that's fine.

Kyle can be wrong just like anyone else. Pretty sure they traded for Bibbs and signed Hightower how'd that go IMO he was overdrafted and a lot of draft analyst agreed. The fact that he didn't perform well in training camp didn't help matters. Like I've said a million times, I hope he plays well for SF and becomes the next Terrell Davis. I'm not gonna throw all my eggs into the Joe Williams basket and I hope our coaching staff and FO aren't either.

He's a 4th rd pick and they don't get a crap ton of chances to prove they're the real deal especially at RB. He's got a up hill battle IMHO.

Back to what this thread is about....Guice

I'll take a RB corp of Guice/Williams/Bredia all day

I'm not drafting Guice over Smith. IF we're at 10 we could very well be in a position where he's gone. Jackson I like, but he's only got one yr worth of DB film (was a WR prior) I love his ball skills and length but I question his change of direction ability (flipping the hips) he doesn't seem super fluid.

I can't want to see the combine for a lot of guys Jackson is up there
I'd take smith over him for sure, just like I would've taken Willis over AP any day.

totally agree
I'm not s**tting on anyone... relax my man. Just stating facts, they had one guy get drafted this past yr, while Utah had 4. I'm not making it up. LSU always as great talent but that OL at Utah was no joke. IF you want to think it was all Joe Williams that's fine.

Kyle can be wrong just like anyone else. Pretty sure they traded for Bibbs and signed Hightower how'd that go IMO he was overdrafted and a lot of draft analyst agreed. The fact that he didn't perform well in training camp didn't help matters. Like I've said a million times, I hope he plays well for SF and becomes the next Terrell Davis. I'm not gonna throw all my eggs into the Joe Williams basket and I hope our coaching staff and FO aren't either.

He's a 4th rd pick and they don't get a crap ton of chances to prove they're the real deal especially at RB. He's got a up hill battle IMHO.

Back to what this thread is about....Guice

I'll take a RB corp of Guice/Williams/Bredia all day

I'm always chill here lol. s**t comes off different when typing . The bibbs trade was about draft picks, not him. We gave a 2018 4th for a 5th last year so we could get Taylor. So that was a great move that I think you'd agree on. And Hightower was signed as a backup before the draft. There was no guarantee we'd find someone better for us.

Of course every one of his picks won't hit on offense because there are certain things tape doesn't show like what kinda mindset they got. Williams tape was great but we already know about his issues. But my point was there is great great logic for why he picks guys. He dives a lot deeper than we do with looking at stats, YouTube videos and highlights, and what team they were on.
Share 49ersWebzone