LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

Originally posted by Dillesq:
This is a solid comparison. Also happens that Jordan Howard stinks in the pass game as well lol. But there's nothing wrong with being a 2 down back.

Thats where Juice comes in to earn his contract. To be a 3rd down back like he did in Baltimore.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
5-10 220, 31 1/4"arms 9 1/4" hands, 4.46 40. Based on skill level I hope he's there when we pick in the 2nd round.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
His brother (who plays for the Cardinals I believe) said that he will run 4.4 at the combine.

Welpppppp
He is the 2nd best easily. Just what I said. Only Saquon Barkley you can make the case to take #1. He is the #2 RB on the board. Size, speed, strength and massive production. Of the so called production guys only Saquon Barkley can run faster. Nobody else.

4.46 at 220 lbs. and nearly 6 feet is pretty darn good. Almost 2,300 yards rushing, 23 TD's and 7 return TD's which is tied for an FBS record. He is a huge game breaker who plays even faster than his timed speed which is good BTW. But IMO from going to the games he is even more "field fast" than that time suggests.

He had big game breaking plays at the Senior Bowl. I knew he would. He always shines in the big games. Now he has run a really good official time at the combine. I figured he would from watching him over the years. The guy I saw play over time was certainly not slow. I'm not surprised he turned in real good times at 220 lbs.
Posted this in the Saquon thread too.

[ Edited by znk916 on Mar 2, 2018 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:
Posted this in the Saquon thread too.

Penny is strong and will run hard when contacted. I can't remember too many times of seeing him dropped for a loss. Of course it happens to everybody but not very often to Penny. He would really fight hard to get something positive out of it.

Rashaad Penny - Norwalk High (CA) Class of 2014 - Senior Year (Regular Season) Highlights
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is the 2nd best easily. Just what I said. Only Saquon Barkley you can make the case to take #1. He is the #2 RB on the board. Size, speed, strength and massive production. Of the so called production guys only Saquon Barkley can run faster. Nobody else.

4.46 at 220 lbs. and nearly 6 feet is pretty darn good. Almost 2,300 yards rushing, 23 TD's and 7 return TD's which is tied for an FBS record. He is a huge game breaker who plays even faster than his timed speed which is good BTW. But IMO from going to the games he is even more "field fast" than that time suggests.

He had big game breaking plays at the Senior Bowl. I knew he would. He always shines in the big games. Now he has run a really good official time at the combine. I figured he would from watching him over the years. The guy I saw play over time was certainly not slow. I'm not surprised he turned in real good times at 220 lbs.

Too many people sleeping on this kid. I can easily see him becoming the best RB from this class.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Too many people sleeping on this kid. I can easily see him becoming the best RB from this class.

I agree 100%. He is the most underrated and the sleeper of the class. When it's all said and done IMO he can be one of the best RB's in this class looking back at it no doubt about it. I believe he will be very productive in the NFL. He will put up yards and TD's and give you special teams value right away too.

CFB's Leading Rusher || San Diego State RB Rashaad Penny 2017 Highlights ᴴᴰ

SDSU FOOTBALL: RASHAAD PENNY SHINES IN SENIOR BOWL - 1/27/18

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rashaad-penny?id=32462018-0002-5598-9884-ab8b2759ec0c

40 time. Official 4.46 at 220 lbs. Press the play video button on NFL network web page. I can't get that video to populate here. But you can reach his 40 time videos on the link if you press play video when you get there.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 2, 2018 at 9:09 PM ]

I wouldn't be mad
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I wouldn't be mad

I wouldn't either. He's a really good player. He would help us a lot.
I wouldn't be mad

You are on top of this thread aren't you lol
I wouldn't be mad

You are on top of this thread aren't you lol

Yes. LOL. I know a lot about Penny and have watched him for years. He is the real deal. I will be happy to see him do well in the NFL somewhere. I would rather have him with us if we can. That would be great.
Yes. LOL. I know a lot about Penny and have watched him for years. He is the real deal. I will be happy to see him do well in the NFL somewhere. I would rather have him with us if we can. That would be great.

What's his "weakness"? Not going to lie, I haven't watched him play, have really only seen highlights.
Share 49ersWebzone