LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

Joshua Jackson CB/Iowa

Iowa redshirt junior CB Josh Jackson returned two interceptions for touchdowns in Saturday's 38-14 loss to Wisconsin.

Just like last week, when he picked off Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett three times in a blowout win, Iowa's star corner shined. Unfortunately, this time around his offense didn't do its part. Earlier this week, ESPN's Todd McShay wrote that he believes the 6-foot-2, 192-pound Jackson will be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick when he enters the draft. "Jackson is long with natural cover skills and attacks the ball like a wide receiver," McShay wrote.

Natural fit in a 4/3 under defense
If this guy is still available when we are picking, I'm all for drafting him, even if it's just to wrankle cciowa 's tail feathers, lol.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If this guy is still available when we are picking, I'm all for drafting him, even if it's just to wrankle cciowa 's tail feathers, lol.

i am not opposed to gettting iowa players and he does have the most pass break ups in the ncaa.... i just hate their arrogant fans and all of the fake niner fans now who are iowa fans.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Iowa redshirt junior CB Josh Jackson returned two interceptions for touchdowns in Saturday's 38-14 loss to Wisconsin.

Just like last week, when he picked off Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett three times in a blowout win, Iowa's star corner shined. Unfortunately, this time around his offense didn't do its part. Earlier this week, ESPN's Todd McShay wrote that he believes the 6-foot-2, 192-pound Jackson will be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick when he enters the draft. "Jackson is long with natural cover skills and attacks the ball like a wide receiver," McShay wrote.

Natural fit in a 4/3 under defense

Jesus 3 picks!? I havent even watched this guy play but sounding like hes creeping as a 20+ 1st round pick. Talk at first was stealing in the 2nd lol.
1 cb in Matt Millers draft board kid has skyrocketed
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Kiss him goodbye then lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Kiss him goodbye then lol.

Was hoping we could get him with that Saints 2nd.

this kid is moving up the boards.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

this kid is moving up the boards.

Push Jaire to the us in the 2nd
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I like him as well but boy Jackson is looking legit got 7 ints this season love his size

I like him as well but boy Jackson is looking legit got 7 ints this season love his size

I've never been infatuated with interceptions. Even though some of Jackson's are impressive. To me interceptions are a result of being beat or looking like your beat and a QB who won't be playing on sundays throws a bad pass. While there's a cat and mouse game between a corner and QB to bait out a throw few translate well to the NFL (Marcus Peters). My favorite corners are the ones who don't get thrown against. Jason Verrett rarely got challenged and he was facing great receivers like the LSU game where he had to cover OBJ was such a fun game to watch. Or Ronald Darby didn't even have a highlight video when he was coming out cause he didn't make many plays in college cause of so few chances. While his teammate Williams was considered by most to be the superior cornerback in college cause he made the big plays. Darby in the pros is the far superior player and it's not even close.

I've never been infatuated with interceptions. Even though some of Jackson's are impressive. To me interceptions are a result of being beat or looking like your beat and a QB who won't be playing on sundays throws a bad pass. While there's a cat and mouse game between a corner and QB to bait out a throw few translate well to the NFL (Marcus Peters). My favorite corners are the ones who don't get thrown against. Jason Verrett rarely got challenged and he was facing great receivers like the LSU game where he had to cover OBJ was such a fun game to watch. Or Ronald Darby didn't even have a highlight video when he was coming out cause he didn't make many plays in college cause of so few chances. While his teammate Williams was considered by most to be the superior cornerback in college cause he made the big plays. Darby in the pros is the far superior player and it's not even close.

yeah that's true and I get what you're saying....still I like DBs that can make turnovers when that opportunity comes up.

yeah that's true and I get what you're saying....still I like DBs that can make turnovers when that opportunity comes up.

Not only that but when he covers his head is always looking towards the ball when its in the air the opposite of Rashard Robinson. Jackson ball skills are exceptional even in the run game.
Not only that but when he covers his head is always looking towards the ball when its in the air the opposite of Rashard Robinson. Jackson ball skills are exceptional even in the run game.

that's what I should have said "ball skills" I want a DB that puts himself in a position to get takeaways when giving the opportunities
I feel like this guy is going to be a stud. Wish we could get him somehow but I just don't see it happening cause he's going top of the 1st and we ain't using our 1st pick on a CB
Share 49ersWebzone