LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Joshua Jackson CB/Iowa

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Exactly he's a cover 3 CB a perfect fit in our system but bad in others like Ward had a good combine but a bad fit in our system

His plant and drive was bad like worst of the DB group and that is a big part of playing any defensive position.
so we're working him out.. if he falls to the 2nd i would consider trading up for him. He might not be good at man coverage but he is probably one of the best fits for us in the draft in terms of the cover 3 scheme.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
so we're working him out.. if he falls to the 2nd i would consider trading up for him. He might not be good at man coverage but he is probably one of the best fits for us in the draft in terms of the cover 3 scheme.

This. I still stand by my claim that he will be a stud regardless of the underwear Olympics performance. I base my claim off of games. If we get him in the 2nd I'd be ecstatic
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This. I still stand by my claim that he will be a stud regardless of the underwear Olympics performance. I base my claim off of games. If we get him in the 2nd I'd be ecstatic

He looked real bad in drills man not very fluid in his movement skills. I don't know man
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He looked real bad in drills man not very fluid in his movement skills. I don't know man

Yeah he did, but I still base my claim off of games in which he was a badass throughout the year. Cover 3 is perfect for him imo

Yeah he did, but I still base my claim off of games in which he was a badass throughout the year. Cover 3 is perfect for him imo

In any other scheme he would struggle but Iowa runs a cover 3 which is all about reacting or instincts which hides a lot of his flaws IMO

yeah hes the type of guy that balls out in games but might not look amazing in practice or those cone drills.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

yeah hes the type of guy that balls out in games but might not look amazing in practice or those cone drills.

I agree. Perfect fit for our scheme. I think he'll ball out if we we were to grab him. Just don't see him fall that far in the 2nd if he makes it there
Jackson finding the ball in the NFL too.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 16, 2018 at 7:10 PM ]
Nice pick 6

Originally posted by Heroism:
Jackson finding the ball in the NFL too.

I guess no one told Dobbs he doesn't have the arm strength to throw an out route vs NFL defenses
He's looking like a legit #1 NFL CB. Absolute steal for GB
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

yeah I wanted him really bad, especially when he fell out of the 1st round.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He's played well but let's see him do it in real games. I remember when we had Kenneth Acker playing lights out in preseason.

Definitely a good pick for GB though. I loved their draft for them...but hopefully both Alexander and Jackson get their ass whooped week 6 or if we square up in the playoffs.
Bump for the rumors that NY is starting today
Share 49ersWebzone