LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Joshua Jackson CB/Iowa

6'1" cornerback from Iowa is putting himself in 1st round conversations this year. 2nd most pass breakups in the nation thus far and an impressive 3 pick performance against Ohio State today. First season as starter after playing some WR last season, began at Iowa on defense and moved back this year to claim the spot. Someone to keep an eye on and someone I think Lynch will be high on from an intangibles standpoint
Jackson is the second-highest ranked cornerback in the nation, according to Pro Football Focus (behind Darius Williams of Alabama-Birmingham). The PFF crew listed Jackson as the 24th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft in its projections released Tuesday. ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. is also high on Jackson.
"Joshua Jackson, Cornerback, Iowa: After being highlighted in last week's "Prospect of the Week" column, Joshua Jackson turned in an electric performance on the biggest stage yet. Jackson reeled in three interceptions against Ohio State, including an incredible "Odell-like" one handed snag in the end zone. While he did give up a touchdown, his playmaking ability was a big reason Iowa massively upset the Buckeyes. Jackson should be shooting up media draft boards now."

He will be interesting to see at the combine
Great fit in our scheme. He has the requisite height/length and mental processing for our defense.

Beautiful job reading the quarterback out of off coverage with shuffle steps and jumping the underneath route. Exactly the type of stuff he'd be doing here.

Insane INT. What I really like is that he already does a lot of what he'd do here. Backside man versus trips. Uses his hands and body to squeeze the receiver into the boundary. Exactly what we do here versus 3x1.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 8, 2017 at 11:17 AM ]
Dude should play WR
Im getting a lil desperate for another 22nd round pick right now lol. I really wanna target pass rusher,OL and CB with first 3 picks. Gotta see what happens in FA doe lol.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Izyniner.
Perfect fit Witherspoon and Jackson sounds like an old school backfield.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Perfect fit Witherspoon and Jackson sounds like an old school backfield.

A young CB along with re-signing DJ for depth sounds good... But we got the money. Trumaine all in for sure. Butler/Breeland if they cost 9-10 mill? I dunno. I say you still gotta do it and then you can always ditch them later when the young guy is ready.
Just started the game vs Wisconsin with a pick 6 impressive
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Nov 11, 2017 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Just started the have vs Wisconsin with a pick 6 impressive

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Forced a fumble wow
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This guy is having the best two game stretch in NCAA history.

Forced a fumble wow

Another pick 6 amazing

Forced a fumble wow

Another pick 6 amazing
All the same guy? lol Jesus
Five interceptions in the last six quarters lol.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone