LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Me likey. Who does he remind you of. You think hell be there at #27 or so to leap frog those teams at the of the first?

Yannick Ngakoue

It depends on his combine, but I think he's late day one/early day two prospect.

Sounds like a guy you might have to take around 25-26 if you wanna secure him. Dunno too much about Yannick but know he's been playing good.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:16 PM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Me likey. Who does he remind you of. You think hell be there at #27 or so to leap frog those teams at the of the first?

Yannick Ngakoue

It depends on his combine, but I think he's late day one/early day two prospect.

Sounds like a guy you might have to take around 25-26 if you wanna secure him. Dunno too much about Yannick but know he's been playing good.

I compare him more to Cliff Avril.
Jeff Holland is my favourite pass rusher in this draft (haven't seen Landry play).

He has moves, burst, production, however he is definitely not a first rounder, he struggles against the run and would strictly be a 3rd down player.

Fine for us and he may develop, but I'd prefer a more rounded option
He won't make it to the end of the second round right?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Tough to project, who saw Lawson lasting until the 4th? Granted he doesn't have the injury history, but both have clear issues against the run.

Holland has the sack production though, and the benefit that he has the athleticism to stand up in a 3-4. I'd be happy to wait until the Saints pick, I think that's around his value to us
He flashes potential. Anyone got a good comparison with a current player?
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DJamhour:
He flashes potential. Anyone got a good comparison with a current player?

I'd compare him Shane Ray

My favorite thing about him is his motor, he has no quit on the play. Always has his head on a swivel.

Knows how to use his hands and is very agile.

Downside to him, he doesn't generate to much power.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Tough to project, who saw Lawson lasting until the 4th? Granted he doesn't have the injury history, but both have clear issues against the run.

Holland has the sack production though, and the benefit that he has the athleticism to stand up in a 3-4. I'd be happy to wait until the Saints pick, I think that's around his value to us

I'll take him on third downs until he can be trusted in run D. Not an Eli Harold fan, but he can play on base downs for one more year and then we bring in Holland on third.
They're sleeping on sensei mud. They'll pay for it at the NFL level.

They're sleeping on sensei mud. They'll pay for it at the NFL level.

I think your right Hero. The more I watch this guy the more I start to believe he may sneak into the first round. Dude works those hands like he's buffering a car and the explosion sticks out to me. A decent combine performance imo is all that's holding him back from possibly sneaking into the first round.

A very underated prospect.

would he be an option for SAM LB? sounds to me from your guys' comments that he is a bit undersized which makes him defending the run from the edge a bit hard but excels at getting to the QB. Sounds like he would benefit from dropping back on 1st and 2nd and rushing from the edge on 3rd.
Hands, hands, hands, hands!!!! Like I've stated countless times in this thread, Holland is all about the damn hands!! And as a former T-rex arm'ed edge rusher myself, I know the importance of exceptional hand use/technique/placement/timing. Putting a premium on hand usage is a common theme in all my ER draft crushes.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21375689
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 7, 2017 at 3:17 PM ]
Hands, hands, hands, hands!!!! Like I've stated countless times in this thread, Holland is all about the damn hands!! And as a former T-rex arm'ed edge rusher myself, I know the importance of exceptional hand use/technique/placement/timing. Putting a premium on hand usage is a common theme in all my ER draft crushes.

Lol. Do you think Chubb and Holland can be something we truly go for if we address offense in FA?

I'm the opposite. I played linebacker. I'm all about that vision, instincts, range in coverage, and never to be forgotten...wrap up tackling. Tackling technique is a premium for me. That's why Patrick Willis will forever be the prototype to me and why I tend to develop draft crushes on linebackers early on.

So it's no surprise my obsession over Roquan Smith has continued to fester over the course of this season.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
would he be an option for SAM LB? sounds to me from your guys' comments that he is a bit undersized which makes him defending the run from the edge a bit hard but excels at getting to the QB. Sounds like he would benefit from dropping back on 1st and 2nd and rushing from the edge on 3rd.

Holland Will be just fine in run defense from SAM
Share 49ersWebzone