LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn

Nice prospect
Sorry I can't stop laughing at the complete stupidity in that first gif. Did Mississippi State really pull a LG to pass block? Like who the f**k thought that was a good idea. Lol seriously I can't stop laughing.
Holland has been all over Hurts the entire game.
Good game from Holland, I'm not sure he'll be our full time SAM, at least not early on, definitely would be a stud on 3rd down, still want
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Good game from Holland, I'm not sure he'll be our full time SAM, at least not early on, definitely would be a stud on 3rd down, still want

Why not full time?
OK, I'm sold. Thanks for the heads up Hero. Going to have to go back and take in a couple more early season Auburn games. I love his relentlessness.
The more I watch Holland play, the more I believe he's going to perform better at the combine than I initially expected, and I may have been underselling his length. Those arms of his look pretty damn long the more I look at him.

I think he's setting himself up to be a late day one/early day two pick with a good combine showing.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 25, 2017 at 4:49 PM ]

So you think our current full time SAM is better?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Why not full time?

Think he'd struggle against the run, at least early on, the SAM needs to set the edge a lot.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
So you think our current full time SAM is better?

Absolutely not, but maybe we can find one

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Why not full time?

Think he'd struggle against the run, at least early on, the SAM needs to set the edge a lot.

Harold,Marsh are base SAMs that can hold it down in the run game as Holland learns. We do need a couple 3rd down pass rushers.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Harold,Marsh are base SAMs that can hold it down in the run game as Holland learns. We do need a couple 3rd down pass rushers.

Agreed, which is why I said "still want" might stop me thinking about trading back into the 1st round though
We've seen the chops, clubs, swipes, rips, etc.

But I missed this long arm. Add that to the arsenal list. Holland=best hand usage in the draft. I'm a firm believer that get off and hand usage(timing, placement, technique) are the two most critical pass-rushing attributes. Holland has both.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
We've seen the chops, clubs, swipes, rips, etc.

But I missed this long arm. Add that to the arsenal log. Holland=best hand usage in the draft. I'm a firm believer that get off and hand usage(timing, placement, technique) are the two most critical pass-rushing attributes. Holland has both.

Me likey. Who does he remind you of. You think hell be there at #27 or so to leap frog those teams at the of the first?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Me likey. Who does he remind you of. You think hell be there at #27 or so to leap frog those teams at the of the first?

It depends on his combine, but I think he's late day one/early day two prospect.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone