LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Just awful

Good, it will drop him down to the 4th round where he'll be a steal. I absolutely guarantee he'll be a better pro than Josh Sweat.

Right. Those numbers have me certain he will last until day 3 now. Fourth round pick, here we go. Now to hope for OO with our first 3rd.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I continued my edge rusher cut up series, did Landry and OO yesterday, done Jeff Holland, Josh Sweat and onto Duke Eijofor now.

One thing that stands straight out is how athletic Landry and OO are.

The others aren't in the same league of get off or burst. That said Holland makes up for it in spades with those hands (something Josh Sweat doesn't).

I'd like to see Holland adding some more moves, you can tell he's trying to bend better and it is getting there, but he's pretty much limited to rip and pull moves, saying that they are extremely effective.

I'm pretty sure he will outperform his draft pick, he looks like a 3rd/4th like Hero predicts (that said I'd much prefer him to Josh Sweat).

Agree, and he doesn't have Sweat's knee issue. If he goes 4rth, that's a good place, Haley was a 4rth round pick.
Bumping my man Jeff, heard a great comment in a podcast the other day from an old GM "The combine is where you go to convince yourself a great football player can't play, but some guy in shorts is amazing".

I think we've all talked ourselves out of Holland for a poor combine performance. Don't sleep on Sensei Mud.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Apr 25, 2018 at 3:38 AM ]
Bumping my man Jeff, heard a great comment in a podcast the other day from an old GM "The combine is where you go to convince yourself a great football can't play, but some guy in shorts is amazing".

I think we've all talked ourselves out of Holland for a poor combine performance. Don't sleep on Sensei Mud.

I'm still intrigued.
Dude went totally undrafted. Crazy
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Dude went totally undrafted. Crazy

He's kind of like the Shane Skov of edge players.
So where did he signed? Him and Hercules Mata'afa totally surprised me by going undrafted.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
So where did he signed? Him and Hercules Mata'afa totally surprised me by going undrafted.

He signed with the Broncos.

I had a bad feeling he would go undrafted. Good luck to the Sensei! I enjoyed watching him play.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

He signed with the Broncos.

I had a bad feeling he would go undrafted. Good luck to the Sensei! I enjoyed watching him play.

Yessir...thx.

I thought him and Hercules would at least get drafted by some team. They are better than some players that got drafted like that rugby player, but I guess potential plays a huge part on getting drafted. This whole draft was wierd.

Nice move
I wonder if the Broncos try to get Holland on their practice squad. I'm seeing reports that Holland has been so impressive that many expect for him to make the 53.

He may not be the solution many around here desire, but he'd sure as hell be an upgrade over what we've got.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 20, 2018 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wonder if the Broncos try to get Holland on their practice squad. I'm seeing reports that Holland has been so impressive that many expect for him to make the 53.

He may not be the solution many around here desire, but he'd sure as hell be an upgrade over what we've got.

You know my thoughts on Sensai, I'd sign him in a heartbeat, Broncos have a lot of pass rush so wouldn't surprise me if he hit their PS.

Star pass rushers are freak athletes with great skills.

If you can't have both give me skill over athleticism.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Aug 22, 2018 at 4:49 PM ]
Carl Lawson will forever be the one that got away, but Jeff holland has a chance to be a damm good consolation prize
I don't know how they justify not picking Holland up if DEN tries to get him on their practice squad. Dekoda, Attoachu, Pita, Eli, Marsh--one of them has got to go.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone