Quarterback Survivor:Choose your draft QB

• krizay
  • Veteran
Rudolph easily best QB in the draft.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Rudolph easily best QB in the draft.

His arm strength is starting to scare me a little. He has incredible timing with his passes but you don't see him zip it in to tight windows.
I said Rosen but I think I'd be happy with Jackson as well. Love the progress he's made and he seems to be the only one trending upwards in this class
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Baker Mayfield is my guy. I think he and Deshaun Watson are very similar.

Haven't seen too much of Rosen so I didn't wanna jump on the wagon till I see what he's all about.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Honestly, I know this won't be a popular opinion, but Darnold. He has all the intangibles that you look for to be the face of your franchise, it's just too bad that he's probably going to remain at USC for at least one more year. [I would draft him with the intention of having him sit until he's ready]
Originally posted by FL9er:
Honestly, I know this won't be a popular opinion, but Darnold. He has all the intangibles that you look for to be the face of your franchise, it's just too bad that he's probably going to remain at USC for at least one more year. [I would draft him with the intention of having him sit until he's ready]

Darnold scares me. His mechanics are a huge mess right now and he really doesn't have a great arm on top of that to allow him to overcome them. He appears to have taken a huge step backwards this season.
We could take Mayfield in the second, enabling us to take a stud edge or lineman or Barkley in the first. Right now it looks like we need 3 first round picks.
This offseason is definitely the offseason of the qb. First up is cousins though before all of these guys.
  • NM16
  • Veteran
I think we're in a position to get either Rosen Jackson or Cousins which I am cool with
Originally posted by NM16:
I think we're in a position to get either Rosen Jackson or Cousins which I am cool with

This season has been all about seeing what we have. Now that we know most of our players are ass, we can finally make big moves. I expect a huge change to the line with maybe some focus on finding a replacement for Staley.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This season has been all about seeing what we have. Now that we know most of our players are ass, we can finally make big moves. I expect a huge change to the line with maybe some focus on finding a replacement for Staley.
Smart move would be signing Cousins and using our top 5 pick on one of the two best OT's in the draft. Slide Staley inside to shore up the middle, Brown to LT and start the rookie at RT. This would simplify our needs on the Oline as Laken and Garrett can compete for the other G spot and we just need to sign a C.
Originally posted by jcs:

Smart move would be signing Cousins and using our top 5 pick on one of the two best OT's in the draft. Slide Staley inside to shore up the middle, Brown to LT and start the rookie at RT. This would simplify our needs on the Oline as Laken and Garrett can compete for the other G spot and we just need to sign a C.

Meh it seems like the Madden approach. But it could work. But how would Staley adjust to kicking it inside? He's been a tackle his whole career. I personally would love to have the center from the giants. Would there be any tackles that would justify a number 2 pick? if we make some necessary adjustments to the line, sign Cousins, maybe even draft Barkley. Our offense would be miles ahead of schedule.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Meh it seems like the Madden approach. But it could work. But how would Staley adjust to kicking it inside? He's been a tackle his whole career. I personally would love to have the center from the giants. Would there be any tackles that would justify a number 2 pick? if we make some necessary adjustments to the line, sign Cousins, maybe even draft Barkley. Our offense would be miles ahead of schedule.
Staley would be that athletic pulling gaurd that KS covets and could extend his career by a couple more seasons. He's getting beat a lot on the outside right now...maybe he doesn't have the quickness anymore to keep up with these speed rushers on the outside?
You can draft whatever qb you want, but if you don't fix the line it's not going to mean a G-Damn Thing!!
Originally posted by pickle:
You can draft whatever qb you want, but if you don't fix the line it's not going to mean a G-Damn Thing!!

I mean you can do both. Its not a situation where it has to be one or the other. They can attack OL in FA and the draft while still signing or drafting a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone